DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic

I have nothing to offer but these are great learning posts for the rest of us. I hope it works out and just wanted to say to those that are providing you location estimates that those of us just reading the texts are impressed by your responses. I am curious if you have your contact information on the drone. I not only have my registration number but also have my phone number.

Thanks so much guys. Spent 5 hours out this morning searching and even had 15 members from the team out but no luck. A couple of local hikers want to search the route also so I have sent them on the maps of the predicted route.

Do you mind me asking, once you lose connection completely like i did is there no way of finding what happened after that (Stupid question). Say there was an airport close by would it have stopped trying to fly over it (no airport by the way).

Thanks so much guys. Spent 5 hours out this morning searching and even had 15 members from the team out but no luck. A couple of local hikers want to search the route also so I have sent them on the maps of the predicted route.

Do you mind me asking, once you lose connection completely like i did is there no way of finding what happened after that (Stupid question). Say there was an airport close by would it have stopped trying to fly over it (no airport by the way).
No, sorry ... if the connection is lost all log recording to your mobile device stops & you're only left with doing predictions. If the Mini have GPS coverage & drifts into a NFZ included in the DJI Fly Safe Zone map onboard the AC it would initiate a forcelanding.

Slup do you know if " If the Mini have GPS coverage & drifts into a NFZ included in the DJI Fly Safe Zone map onboard the AC it would initiate a forcelanding. " is applicable to Phantom 3's and other Mavics?

Ahh went looking and found this DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography thank you for prompting my search. James, Eire is listed in the drop down menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: slup
I have nothing to offer but these are great learning posts for the rest of us. I hope it works out and just wanted to say to those that are providing you location estimates that those of us just reading the texts are impressed by your responses. I am curious if you have your contact information on the drone. I not only have my registration number but also have my phone number.

Cant believe i didnt put my number on it. It seems so obvious now but was never expecting to need to .... a lesson (costly) learned

Reactions: Km5er
Hi mate know how you feel through my very recent experience you reall y need to try and get it back i didnt find mine after a couple of days of looking, sars done my data for me and it shown errors however dji said 3rd party software does not count so i ended up with 30% of a new one thats all they would do like it or lump it. good luck

Hi mate know how you feel through my very recent experience you reall y need to try and get it back i didnt find mine after a couple of days of looking, sars done my data for me and it shown errors however dji said 3rd party software does not count so i ended up with 30% of a new one thats all they would do like it or lump it. good luck

You were not running 3rd party software though - you were using DJI GO 4. The reason for just the 30% discount is that it is their standard practice if you don't recover the lost drone to send back and they cannot clearly determine aircraft system failure.

You were not running 3rd party software though - you were using DJI GO 4. The reason for just the 30% discount is that it is their standard practice if you don't recover the lost drone to send back and they cannot clearly determine aircraft system failure.

No Sars they said your software was 3rd party and did not count when i told them of the errors see below

The data analysis is only based on DJI official APP from the engineering team, any report of the third-party software is not authorized. And the solution we offer is also only based on the analysis result from the DJI engineering team. Sorry that we could not found errors on the aircraft based on the currently available data. For your case, it's unable to locate the main reason according to the flight records you provided, we cannot explain the detail of the incident or rule out any possible speculation. As such, we provide a 30% discount for this case.

Thanks

No Sars they said your software was 3rd party and did not count when i told them of the errors see below

The data analysis is only based on DJI official APP from the engineering team, any report of the third-party software is not authorized. And the solution we offer is also only based on the analysis result from the DJI engineering team. Sorry that we could not found errors on the aircraft based on the currently available data. For your case, it's unable to locate the main reason according to the flight records you provided, we cannot explain the detail of the incident or rule out any possible speculation. As such, we provide a 30% discount for this case.

Thanks

Oh right. That's nonsense though - they have often looked at external analyses of the flight logs. That said, it likely wouldn't have helped because it was inconclusive on what actually happened. That's what they are saying at the end there.

Oh right. That's nonsense though - they have often looked at external analyses of the flight logs. That said, it likely wouldn't have helped because it was inconclusive on what actually happened. That's what they are saying at the end there.

Yes mate they were very blunt in a nice way...

Thank you all for the replies earlier, it never showed up and after along battle DJI offered me a 30% discount on a new one. I decided not to go down that route and today purchased a Mavic PRO 2, i need the drone to be reliable and hope that what it will be... thanks all again and hope to use the forums more going forward

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2p123