DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Air 2S last weekend?

Does anyone know how I can let DJI know I lost my drone and have them deactivate it for me? Please let me know.
If you want help finding what happened to your drone, you can post the recorded flight data here for the members that understand such things to have a look.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

Reactions: tlswift58
If I was in my 20's, but alas I know better now. I hope you tree climber can help, I know what if feels like to have a rc stuck in a tree :rolleyes:pic from kodak cam 030.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know how I can let DJI know I lost my drone and have them deactivate it for me? Please let me know.

Thank you,
Russ
I'm so sorry, I guess I posted this in the wrong place. I think it is in a tree that I cannot see it or reach it. I heard it beeping and then it stopped making the beeping noise, I cannot see it or reach it. I will figure some other r way to get help.
I will not bother anyone here again.
Russ

So sorry for your loss

I'm so sorry, I guess I posted this in the wrong place. I think it is in a tree that I cannot see it or reach it. I heard it beeping and then it stopped making the beeping noise, I cannot see it or reach it. I will figure some other r way to get help.
I will not bother anyone here again.
Russ
Did you try the "Find My Drone" in the FlyApp? Maybe too late now if a few days or more; but as @Meta4 said - post the logs and these guys can give you a starting point to look for it.

Nothing wrong with you posting, as many are here to help. If in a tree, I'd watch for it after a good rain / storm / wind as they tend to shake the tree enough to drop the drone.

I'd hold off on "deactivating" anything till I used up all my chances of finding it. Keeping looking for it.

Altitude, altitude. Never thought when I joined this board I would see so much about trees and water.
So many of us don't have corn fields and wide open spaces to fly in. I'm surrounded by mountains, trees, and lots of water in Western NC - so if I want to fly - you learn how to fly in those conditions.

Even the best pilots don't always see a thin bare twig sticking out or a thin power line until it's too late. Yet, when my Air2 has made contact - it has recovered quite well and once it was about 5 feet above a rushing river of water.

I think the lowest I've flown over any water is maybe 4 feet or so - with and without GPS. Yes, doing that in ATTI is a butt clincher for sure; but if you don't freak out and fly slowly, then it's not as hazardous as it seems. Much nicer when in GPS lock for sure, but that is a luxury many times where I fly.

That is why if I'm videoing, I tend to use some zoom on my Air2 to give me that extra cushion should something go amiss and it will sooner or later. I also fly in cinema / tripod mode and would not even contemplate it in normal or esp sport. Far too little time to react and at my age - that is not very fast even on a good day.

My Air2 still flies great after a few crashes of differing types (no water ones thankfully). Change of props and it's back in the air to fly again.

Reactions: Mr Mint and maggior
Thank you, I know where is is I just cant reach it, I will need a tree climber and I think I may have found one.
I, too, treed my A2s a while ago. It took a decent sized bucket truck to pluck it from it's loft perch. Tree services have this type of device, and if your local fire dept are a nice bunch of folks you could reach out to them as well. Sometimes they are looking for 'training missions'. Best of luck!

Guess in Western N.C. we know how important altitude is. I am in the " T " shaped house about the center of the screen.

Attachments

• DJI_0127.JPG
    DJI_0127.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 38
I live in a valley at the foot of a mountain in the forest. Trees...trees everywhere! For that reason, I generally fly at 60m to give myself a really nice cushion. In a flat area I'll bring that down to 30m. I don't need to skim the treetops. I'm always aware of my altitude and I scope areas out on google maps before flying there.

Just recently I've been experimenting with going up the hill. I'm getting more comfortable with it. I need to figure out the elevation up there to get those extra meters in relation to my takeoff point.

One of these days I'll send it over a local lake.

I, too, treed my A2s a while ago. It took a decent sized bucket truck to pluck it from it's loft perch. Tree services have this type of device, and if your local fire dept are a nice bunch of folks you could reach out to them as well. Sometimes they are looking for 'training missions'. Best of luck!
As itallica said it took a bucket truck to get it down, so too was my dilemma. I was lucky enough to talk to the head of the parks dept who was able to get it down for me. I had to wait a very long week though, but I got it back undamaged for the most part.:)

I am an experienced RC pilot and have over the years treed a few very loved aircraft. I have no scientific proof but practical experience in flying in tree country, I am convinced that trees can actually reach out and grab planes and some can actually get ten feet taller at will. Only way I can explain how a single tree in the middle of a hay field has grabbed half a dozen of our RC club members planes. Of course, there is always the dumb thumb theory. .

Reactions: Meta4
Lost my Air 2S August 20th. Had a minor crash a few days before but I had flown it about 10 times. Had a motor error, check motor for obstruction warning while in sport about 3/4 a mile out. AGL was 350 with a clear sky, so I definitely didn’t hit anything. Fell out of the sky, in the tops of trees about 100+ ft up. Too dense to see from the ground. Flew up my M2P a few times to see because I’ve used it to fly up a throw line w/payload delivery to pull other drones out of trees before. Couldn’t spot it. Battery of course ejected so FMD app isn’t too helpful. Gonna wait for some leaves to fall and keep looking I guess. DJI was less than helpful. Only had it about 3 weeks. UGH.

Some motor failure or prop flew off mid flight. Been flying for over 7 years and never seen anything like it except from an old toy JJRC with push on props.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS