DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Spark last summer

HiYa

Reactions
Hello all!

I noticed that there is some users here wich is good to sense where the drone are after missing it. Last summer I got a lot of errors and was flying in ATTI mode. Lost my Spark that time. Looked at the flight log and walked for over 7 hrs looking for the drone for 3 weeks with no luck..

Here is the flight log. DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Contacted DJI, they ment they didnt see any error in the flight log wich I regret. First of all it all started with compass error, imu error then aircraft disconnected.. Followed the last position, but no luck.

Anybody have any clues on where it can be? I think some driver probably saw the drone was falling/crashing, they picked it up.
All help or answers is appreciated!

Unfortunately it's difficult to predict with much confidence from that flight log. The wind speed and direction seemed to be rather variable and the aircraft was in and out of ATTI mode at the end. It's difficult even to usefully bound the problem.

1547009389296.png

Firstly - with reasonable confidence - the aircraft would have entered autoland after another 90 seconds. The unknown is whether it spent that time in P-GPS mode, ATTI mode, or a combination of the two. That matters because if it was in P-GPS then it would have switched to smart RTH in 20 seconds and started towards the home point, but not made it before autolanding kicked in. Depending on the wind it could have then landed anywhere in the blue area below. I'd look there first. Or, if it went back to ATTI then it could have drifted at up to 10 m/s to the north before auto landing. That would be the green area below - too large to search effectively. Or some other combination of the two, which leads to an even larger area.

1547009368477.jpeg

Reactions: HiYa
Wow, thanks a lot for this information! On the first pic, where did you get that information from?

That's all in the flight log that you provided.
So I better should give up searching for it.. I already searched for it around the blue area, but the green area is way too big. As you see in the map is the main road is right over the spot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs