DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost TRUST certificate LOL

Droning on and on...

Reactions
So misplaced (and later found) my TRUST cert... Learned you can't get another copy, just have to take the test again. Going through it, it cracked me up that one of the 3 choices to answer something like, "what do you need to do to take aerial images of your child's birthday party" was,

Apply to the FAA for a TFR​

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

IMO, anyone that selects that answer should immediately fail and have to start over.

Don't quote me on the question. My example gets the spirit of it. The answer choice OTOH was, amazingly, one of the choices.

• Haha
Reactions: @Rip
So misplaced (and later found) my TRUST cert... Learned you can't get another copy, just have to take the test again. Going through it, it cracked me up that one of the 3 choices to answer something like, "what do you need to do to take aerial images of your child's birthday party" was,

Apply to the FAA for a TFR​

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

IMO, anyone that selects that answer should immediately fail and have to start over.

Don't quote me on the question. My example gets the spirit of it. The answer choice OTOH was, amazingly, one of the choices.
I keep a copy of all my CAA documentation in my documents folder on my computer , so I can print out when needed, cheers Len

Reactions: Torque and dozzn
Take a picture of it and leave it on your phone
That's where I found my first one after taking the test again. Now I have 2.

Forgot where it was, and stupidly didn't have "trust" in the filename. I do now. I've never been asked for it in several years, hence my not finding initially.

Man, I just wanna fly... 😁

No, I have a patent on it! LOL, of course you can!
Well, with all the discussion of people tracking drone pilots down with RID for regular beatings I've gotten a little cautious.

j/k, of course 😁

Seriously though great idea, thanks. Just having a crisis of self confidence 'cause I thought I was good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it people like me, so I should have thought of this.

At least more than Stuart Smalley.

al-daily-affirmation-1-eee1bae24c0c4441a6fd3a2561cf5da8.jpg

If just one person Googled Stuart my day has been made 😁

Last edited:
Well, with all the discussion of people tracking drone pilots down with RID for regular beatings I've gotten a little cautious.

j/k, of course 😁
I disagree with the beating parts. More confrontations don't necessarily mean more violence. I believe the criminals are more opportunistic and probably won't be using apps to help them commit crimes. What will probably increase is confrontations when people who will not ordinarily have the time and resources to find the drone owner will start using the app after they've seen a rogue drone or two based on a recommendation from a fellow neighbor in the neighborhood watch app: "Get this app, it helps you find the person who keeps flying over your home. In our city, it is illegal and instead of calling the police who won't do anything about it [because it actually isn't illegal], go confront the flyer and intimidate him so he won't come back." I predict there will be more of those.

If you are in the park which has 4 baseball fields and 2 fields have active games with 300 at each game and you are on field #3 flying your FPV and it's buzzing the edges and everyone can hear it, out of 600 people how is it possible nobody will come over and have a word with you? Would they have come over without the app? Probably. If you tell them to get bent, can they now have your details because they have the app? Likely.

I disagree with the beating parts. More confrontations don't necessarily mean more violence. I believe the criminals are more opportunistic and probably won't be using apps to help them commit crimes.
We'll simply have to agree to disagree.
  • Contrary to your view, I don't think DJI drones are a target of thieves except for occasional idiot who doesn't know any better. A stolen DJI drone is worthless. Am I saying they don't get stolen? Of course they do. However any thief smart and knowledgeable enough to use RID also knows a stolen DJI drone is a boat anchor.
  • There will be no noticeable change with LE and Karens from RID. Too technical and obscure for the general public to spend any time at all learning anything about it. Will there be a handful of MegaKarens that do go obsessive with RID and harassing a handful of drone pilots? of course. They will quickly learn that they are breaking the law, and LEO'S will come when a pilot calls, and will cite the Karen.

• Contrary to your view, I don't think DJI drones are a target of thieves except for occasional idiot who doesn't know any better. A stolen DJI drone is worthless. Am I saying they don't get stolen? Of course they do. However any thief smart and knowledgeable enough to use RID also knows a stolen DJI drone is a boat anchor.
  • There will be no noticeable change with LE and Karens from RID. Too technical and obscure for the general public to spend any time at all learning anything about it. Will there be a handful of MegaKarens that do go obsessive with RID and harassing a handful of drone pilots? of course. They will quickly learn that they are breaking the law, and LEO'S will come when a pilot calls, and will cite the Karen.
A stolen DJI drone is worthless and a boat anchor, how so? This is the first time I am hearing this although I know there's a misperception going about....please post the steps to take when your drone and remote are stolen. Otherwise someone has forgotten to tell eBay.

Yep, we will differ on this one. There are exactly 0 Karens that have been cited by police for simply confronting drone pilots. No law enforcement officer will ever enforce interfering with a drone pilot. On top of that, no drone pilot will call the police while being confronted by a karen. Just for sake, I'll mention again that I don't mind the simple confrontation (other may) but I prefer not to have it escalated (meaning police involved and/or violence). Look we'll just have to wait for RID to arrive before we bless the future on this one. On this one, I agree with the cops: "Marking the position of the cop car on Waze is counterproductive and poses a danger to officer safety when anyone can open the Waze app and locate a police car. We have no direct evidence of any increase violence due to the Waze app but we oppose it's use and we demand it to be shut down"....and I paraphrase. :)

There's nothing to learn about the RID app. Along with come "EasyRID" and the link will be posted in the neighborhood watch forum to download this app and follow the arrow. Hundreds of thousands will download it.

Sorry, what country do you live in? Nothing like that happens in the USA: Telling drone pilots here we have nothing to worry about because the police will protect us is not helpful. Not saying DJI drones are highly desirable but I compare it to concealed carry vs open carry. Why would you wear your firearm on the outside for all the world to see when you can cover it up concealed and basically nobody knows? It's not likely anyone will try to grab it but in most situations, it makes no sense.

Not necessarily. Just look how many posts there are about locked drones being bought. Thieves aren't looking to use the stolen drone, they are looking to sell.

Reactions: mavic3usa
A stolen DJI drone is worthless and a boat anchor, how so? This is the first time I am hearing this although I know there's a misperception going about....please post the steps to take when your drone and remote are stolen. Otherwise someone has forgotten to tell eBay.

No need to tell them. Their victims are finding this out all the time.

Once a drone is reported stolen to DJI, it can not be bound to a new account. The thief or his victim will not be able to log in to the original owner's account when Fly eventually forces this check, the drone will fly 5 more times and become a paperweight.

No need to tell them. Their victims are finding this out all the time.

Once a drone is reported stolen to DJI, it can not be bound to a new account. The thief or his victim will not be able to log in to the original owner's account when Fly eventually forces this check, the drone will fly 5 more times and become a paperweight.
Someone has forgotten to tell eBay that "stolen drones are worthless and boat anchor, thieves need not sell them here." Ebay is full of stolen drone, whatever you are referring to is not working against the thief (but against the honest people; no surprise).

Reported stolen by whom? If I dial 1-800-CALL-DJI and I give them your serial number and say it is stolen, will your drone eventually become a paperweight?

So you are saying if a thief steals your DJI Mavic 2 Pro, all you need to do is notify DJI and the drone can be locked down? News to me.

If the CCP orders DJI to shutdown all drones in America, can they brick them all? Do they have that capability?

Not interested in having a serious discussion with an obviously unserious person. Carry on.

You can just print another one, and as many as you like, from DroneZone though?

You can just print another one, and as many as you like, from DroneZone though?
There's no record kept, so you can't go back and get another copy. You have to take the test again, which any moderately competent drone pilot can pass in their sleep. Then download the PDF of the cert at the end.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25