DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost?

The critical low battery level (forced landing) was set to 10%. Looking at the battery % depletion rate and speed during the RTH period, it appears that the aircraft would have continued for another 160 s or so before autolanding, and extrapolating speed and distance, travelled around 560 m:

View attachment 30588

Looking at the recorded variation in speed and heading for the same period indicates that its speed varied between 2.3 m/s and 4.2 m/s and its heading varied between 296° and 330°:

View attachment 30589

Using those values to bound the travel after the last recorded point gives an area as shown below:

View attachment 30590
Ok, I have been and searched the open spaces in this area, but there are also a lot of lovely big industrial unit roofs!
First job of the new drone is to search the rooftops.

I've put some reward posters out around the area too.

It's about 500m further west than I was originally looking.
So thanks again for giving me a better chance of locating it. Much appreciated.

None of us plan to loose our bird. that said, there are options to locate one that has gone astray. Providing it has not gone swimming or been destroyed from landing on a road or . . . . .

Use the search function in mavicpilots.com to locate threads on Marco Polo. There are options, some less expensive but IMHO this is one of if not the best locator.

Here is a Google search for Marco Polo.

If you can handle the worst case, the rest is a piece of cake.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
257acu