DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost

Please upload your TXT flight log here and post the link back here.

Also, tell us everything you remember about your flight.

Reactions: tleedom
Please upload your TXT flight log here and post the link back here.

Also, tell us everything you remember about your flight.
I lost signal and no activity after that. I have tried looking for mavic but not at location where history said as well as find my plane. I don't know how to send you flight history as it is on my galaxy s7 and I have never done that.
Thanks, Mac

I lost signal and no activity after that. I have tried looking for mavic but not at location where history said as well as find my plane. I don't know how to send you flight history as it is on my galaxy s7 and I have never done that.
Thanks, Mac
Follow the instructions at the bottom of this page.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-05-21_[16-34-41][1]log (1).zip
    735.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DJIFlightRecord_2019-05-21_[16-34-41][1].txt
    902.6 KB · Views: 6
The log simply ends with no preceding evidence of data loss - i.e. the connection was good, which suggests something catastrophic happened. At the end of the log you had just gone from full left aileron to centered, which will have produced a significant roll excursion. If the battery was not properly seated then it may have disconnected, with the inevitable result.

Whatever the cause, if the aircraft shut down at that point then the resulting descent path can be estimated from the aircraft position, speed and wind speed at that altitude (from AirData's aerodynamic model). That gives the following:

Converting that to kml and viewing on Google Earth shows the following result:

The yellow pin is where I would look first.

The log simply ends with no preceding evidence of data loss - i.e. the connection was good, which suggests something catastrophic happened. At the end of the log you had just gone from full left aileron to centered, which will have produced a significant roll excursion. If the battery was not properly seated then it may have disconnected, with the inevitable result.

View attachment 73602

Whatever the cause, if the aircraft shut down at that point then the resulting descent path can be estimated from the aircraft position, speed and wind speed at that altitude (from AirData's aerodynamic model). That gives the following:

View attachment 73603

Converting that to kml and viewing on Google Earth shows the following result:

View attachment 73604

The yellow pin is where I would look first.

That is amazing that you guys can look at those logs and come up with a location to look at, thanks for your help.

I don't see anything unusual in the flight log either. The aircraft had plenty of battery power for the journey back to the home point. Since it did not return, I'd recommend you start looking around @sar104's marked location.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d