DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lots of Disconnects today....

Anthony, I have seen a couple of times when I get a disconnect between the controller and my Acer Iconia One tablet. I am still testing/tracking when and where I get it but some initial thought is that it seems to happen when others show up and hover around me so I am thinking interference by other mobile devices ( Apple watches are reported to but not confirmed ). I had 45 rock solid flights on my configuration and then I was at a small lake and all was perfect. A curious (envious) other old guy wanders over and is over my shoulder and all of a sudden I get a disconnect that is persistent. It was also very cold out so it may be temperature intolerance with the tablet. Not sure. Could also be a flaky connection on the USB into the tablet so things I am tracking are

- what is the temp outside I am flying in
- am I alone (and my iPhone in airplane mode)
- is my cable firmly plugged into the tablet (will try some unplug/replugs when replicating in the future)

Those are my suspicions right now. Good news is that the controller still has control. I was quite a ways out on a flight and got a persistent and solid disconnect. I initiated an RTH and Mavvy came home to papa and landed.

I packed up to give it further thoughts.

Hope this helps.
I been having the same problem after my last firmware update I have changed USB cable and even used a ipad where as I normally use an iPad mini 4 both were getting disconnected
That was unnecessary

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using MavicPilots mobile app

Dont put ur iphone in airplane mode u will lose gps... try do not disturb instead

This is the first time i have had any real issues flying since i have been flying.

I was in an area that was reporting very strong interference which surprised me as i was in the country side on the edge of a very small village as i had taken my wife to a spa so had 2 hours to kill ......

Perfect drone time i thought :)

While the RC was reporting very good gps signal my mobile was constantly disconnecting in the go4 app as was my Shield ....

Not sure why this was happening as the drone itself flew very well during this.

I did really have the option to move any grate distance away from my take off location to test in another location as moving a 100 feet away made no difference to the strong interference message i was getting.

So i just did a few low level short flights instead.

This drone is so precise and nimble.

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

I'd replace the cable that connecting between RC And mobile

Had this issue on my very first Mavic flight. Put phone in airplane mode from then on, never had the issue again.

Had the same issue, especially when using a Galaxy Tab A. Gone back to IOS, uninstalled / reinstalled DJI GO4 and synced the firmware again. Problem gone totally.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Yeah i was thinking of a reset of my mobile as its never been done in almost two years

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

Hey guys, just wanted to share.

It's Chinese New Year festive here in my country. I flew my Mavic and demo to my family and relative yesterday late evening right in front of the gate of my house.

I flew with DJI GO 4 apps + Samsung S7 Edge. During flight I did not turn off wifi/data or activate airplane mode.

While I was flying, there were around 7 people standing next/besides/around me. When taking off, 2 of my cousin were snapping video how the Mavic taking off using their mobile phones. A cousin was wearing iWatch. There were 2 talking on the phone. All of them connected to my home wifi. Many more others around our house, it's gathering dinner. Total around 20 guests.

If based on the stories of inteference. I guess that would be a lot interference :) the took off and flying around 80m for 10 minutes until landed. No warning has been seen, except avoidance sensor error (low light avoidance doesnt work).

IMHO, I guess Mavic / Controller interference via WiFi may not be a solid case. If it's that easy, I guess whenever i see people flying I would turn on all my mobile phones wifi and start making call cause the pilot panic ;D

I think it could be other reason i.e that area was foggy? Mobile Tower station transmit signal and etc.

Just a thought. May be there are inteference. Guess bess is to look at the logs.

The shots

org_dc4760a77a9dc9d8_1485526399000.jpg org_2f36c0f2705c6cce_1485526575000.jpg

I'm getting better when the app disconnects from the RC. I used to freak but looking at the RC I see I'm still connected so I restart the app. Samsung GS7 Edge wifi off when flying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using MavicPilots mobile app

Yes! That's exactly what you should do. That sir is called experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes