DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lots of Disconnects today....

Anthony

Reactions
This is the first time i have had any real issues flying since i have been flying.

I was in an area that was reporting very strong interference which surprised me as i was in the country side on the edge of a very small village as i had taken my wife to a spa so had 2 hours to kill ......

Perfect drone time i thought :)

While the RC was reporting very good gps signal my mobile was constantly disconnecting in the go4 app as was my Shield ....

Not sure why this was happening as the drone itself flew very well during this.

I did really have the option to move any grate distance away from my take off location to test in another location as moving a 100 feet away made no difference to the strong interference message i was getting.

So i just did a few low level short flights instead.

This drone is so precise and nimble.

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

So u had warnings of strong interference because there was and the system worked properly telling u. The aircraft still flew great. So where is the issue? Or did you start a thread to tell us the system worked as intended but u somehow think this an issue. Just trying to clarifying what u r looking for here.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

So u had warnings of strong interference because there was and the system worked properly telling u. The aircraft still flew great. So where is the issue? Or did you start a thread to tell us the system worked as intended but u somehow think this an issue. Just trying to clarifying what u r looking for here.

That was unnecessary

I had that warning a couple of times lately, yet - at least by the time I looked at the remote - the meter indicating signal between the remote and AC showed full strength. Did you look at that meter? Also are you wearing a smart watch. I've got an Apple Watch. In a post somewhere someone thought smart watches could cause problems.

iPhone 6S

Reactions: Bikemonster
Anthony, I have seen a couple of times when I get a disconnect between the controller and my Acer Iconia One tablet. I am still testing/tracking when and where I get it but some initial thought is that it seems to happen when others show up and hover around me so I am thinking interference by other mobile devices ( Apple watches are reported to but not confirmed ). I had 45 rock solid flights on my configuration and then I was at a small lake and all was perfect. A curious (envious) other old guy wanders over and is over my shoulder and all of a sudden I get a disconnect that is persistent. It was also very cold out so it may be temperature intolerance with the tablet. Not sure. Could also be a flaky connection on the USB into the tablet so things I am tracking are

- what is the temp outside I am flying in
- am I alone (and my iPhone in airplane mode)
- is my cable firmly plugged into the tablet (will try some unplug/replugs when replicating in the future)

Those are my suspicions right now. Good news is that the controller still has control. I was quite a ways out on a flight and got a persistent and solid disconnect. I initiated an RTH and Mavvy came home to papa and landed.

I packed up to give it further thoughts.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Cimriver
I get great GPS, flying in GPS mode, and all of a sudden my rc disconnects, this happens constantly. Only flying 10 feet away. No interference warnings. Mavic just stops responding and then RC disconnects. I have to restart the RC to reconnect.

Last edited:
Was your phone in airplane mode? If not, it's possible the phone's WiFi and/or cell signals were being boosted because of the low signal strength in the remote area. I guess?

Wi-Fi off. Guess I will retry in airplane mode

I guess it's worth a shot, even though I know that DJI only recommends switching WiFi off. Cell signal isn't supposed to interfere with the Mavic, but who knows...

Actually how would anyone be able to live stream if they shut off data on their phone. Live stream is one of the reasons I bought the Mavic.

Actually how would anyone be able to live stream if they shut off data on their phone. Live stream is one of the reasons I bought the Mavic.
And you likely don't want to stream over the Cell data connection, unless you like paying data overages or have an unlimited data plan. I personally don't believe that you have to turn anything off including wifi, I have never turned anything off on my tablet (doesn't have cell) and never have any issues but it could be different if maybe your local wifi is using the same or close to the same wifi channel as the Mavic controller which shouldn't happen due to channel hopping.

Maybe it is affected by older wifi "G" routers or something, I find it suspicious that people say the RC works on the same wifi channels as normal home wifi, if that is the case then what is the reason for the RC -> wifi switch on the Mavic?

I have not used my shield yet. I have only used iOS and I have not had a single disconnect yet. Seems like many of these connection issues are device/ OS specific. I think I'm sticking with my iPhone/IPad air2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've seen that in the settings, mavic has a large range of freq . Wi-Fi is 2.4 and 5 but mavic can go up to 10 I believe

Totally pointless responce !!

Reactions: longrange
I had that warning a couple of times lately, yet - at least by the time I looked at the remote - the meter indicating signal between the remote and AC showed full strength. Did you look at that meter? Also are you wearing a smart watch. I've got an Apple Watch. In a post somewhere someone thought smart watches could cause problems.

iPhone 6S

I think it was just the location as the drone and RC worked just fine the only place i had a warning was in the GO .... the RC was completely fine.

Was your phone in airplane mode? If not, it's possible the phone's WiFi and/or cell signals were being boosted because of the low signal strength in the remote area. I guess?

Yes i did put my mobile into airplane mode so im not really sure if this was maybe a GO4 issue as the RC did not loose conection to the Mavic at all.

I have not used my shield yet. I have only used iOS and I have not had a single disconnect yet. Seems like many of these connection issues are device/ OS specific. I think I'm sticking with my iPhone/IPad air2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you might be right on the issue i had today as i said above the drone flew perfect with just the RC and the RC did not give any warnings about interference.

Just a bit odd that both my mobile and my tablet could not keep the connection to the drone but the RC did.

Anthony, I have seen a couple of times when I get a disconnect between the controller and my Acer Iconia One tablet. I am still testing/tracking when and where I get it but some initial thought is that it seems to happen when others show up and hover around me so I am thinking interference by other mobile devices ( Apple watches are reported to but not confirmed ). I had 45 rock solid flights on my configuration and then I was at a small lake and all was perfect. A curious (envious) other old guy wanders over and is over my shoulder and all of a sudden I get a disconnect that is persistent. It was also very cold out so it may be temperature intolerance with the tablet. Not sure. Could also be a flaky connection on the USB into the tablet so things I am tracking are

- what is the temp outside I am flying in
- am I alone (and my iPhone in airplane mode)
- is my cable firmly plugged into the tablet (will try some unplug/replugs when replicating in the future)

Those are my suspicions right now. Good news is that the controller still has control. I was quite a ways out on a flight and got a persistent and solid disconnect. I initiated an RTH and Mavvy came home to papa and landed.

I packed up to give it further thoughts.

Hope this helps.

The good thing was that the RC did not loose connection at all but i just did a few flights below 50 feet and no more than 60 feet away just to be on the safe side.

Just a bit odd that both my mobile and my tablet could not keep the connection to the drone but the RC did.

That really isn't odd. My experience is that your device is far more likely to disconnect than your TX. The issue is the communication between your device and the TX. There are a number of possible issues causing this.. You do not need the device to fly.

Previously, Phantom pilots would believe they lost signal because they had no picture on their device. DJI go would show disconnected. They would wonder why the bird did not RTH. The answer was, because you didn't lose signal therefore RTH didn't kick in.

New operators should be aware that there is a difference between the app being disconnected and signal loss.

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK
I had same warning yesterday while out in the country in farm land but i also had my iphone's wifi on, & my nephew standing next to me was on his phone using wifi so im sure that was it haha

At the time I wasnt aware we need to turn it off to be honest. But i did have full reception when i got the warnings and no performance issues .

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes