DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

battery Alarm goes ON at 53% ???

LatinSkies

Reactions
Hello Folks,

This is my first post, I hope you can help me.

I have a Mavic Pro DH 1.36. I am flying in a very rural area in the Chilean Patagonia. I was taking pictures at a wildfire 1500 meters away from the remote, normal conditions, no wind, not hot nor humid. I had the battery alarm triggered when it was at 53%, I had set the low battery setting at 30%, so I got the ring for a few minutes which is very annoying, especially when you are in a really quiet area.

Is there any setting to make the alarm sound at 30%?

Thanks in advance,

Hi there & welcome to the forum 👋 :D

This may very well be something very different than just a ordinary user setting...

Share your flight log from that flight... that will show if something abnormal was going on with that battery.

Go here & upload the log which is stored in the screen device you flew with --> PhantomHelp Log viewer
Then share the link they provide once you've uploaded in this thread, in a new post.

(Scroll down a bit there & they describe exactly where in your screen device the logs are stored)

Reactions: LatinSkies
One thought would be if you truly have a Mavic Pro, that’s a very old DJI product and also the same for the battery if it also is a DJI product. You could very well have a battery that has or will expire. Battery condition may be a concern just based on age.

Reactions: LatinSkies
Thanks, it makes sense because I had the batteries stored for 2 month in my backpack and I have been using them a lot lately.

Is there any app to check battery´s status? TBH, I mostly fly 20 minutes max with them.

I am not able to upload the log since previously I had erased everything.

Tap the battery icon in GO 4 (top of screen) to check cell health, they should show nearly identical voltage. If one or more cells are lower than others, battery is about to fail. In that case you should get a warning to land immediately, and they mean just that.. it won’t make it home. Could go from 50% to 5% in seconds.

Tap the battery icon in GO 4 (top of screen) to check cell health, they should show nearly identical voltage. If one or more cells are lower than others, battery is about to fail. In that case you should get a warning to land immediately, and they mean just that.. it won’t make it home. Could go from 50% to 5% in seconds.
This explanation of how to quickly verify battery status is likely regarded by more experienced drone owners as conventional wisdom, but for me this mention that any noticeable difference between the voltage levels of each cell comprising a flight battery means the drone should land as soon as practicable, could potentially save any of my older Phantoms and Mavics. I thank you kindly sir.

Reactions: Capt KO
...but for me this mention that any noticeable difference between the voltage levels of each cell comprising a flight battery
Well, as always with batteries nothing is black or white... the word "any" isn't totally correct.

All individually battery cells will not come out of the manufacturing process with the exact same quality... so when combining several cells into for instance a DJI battery, the cells are matched so they especially behave similar regarding charge/discharge & internal resistance. So theoretical, the voltage deviation between the cells should be 0V... but this is impossible in real life use cases. Usually a cell deviation up to 0,07-0,1V is acceptable & doesn't mean that the battery is about to fail.

Well, as always with batteries nothing is black or white... the word "any" isn't totally correct.

All individually battery cells will not come out of the manufacturing process with the exact same quality... so when combining several cells into for instance a DJI battery, the cells are matched so they especially behave similar regarding charge/discharge & internal resistance. So theoretical, the voltage deviation between the cells should be 0V... but this is impossible in real life use cases. Usually a cell deviation up to 0,07-0,1V is acceptable & doesn't mean that the battery is about to fail.
You've kindly responded to the key question I forgot to ask about how much of a charge level differential between individual cells of a flight battery is within normal tolerances for a still-viable battery pack. I will pay closer attention to the battery level display pre-flight every time from now on, with a tip of a hat to this forum's constantly updating knowledge archive.

Please check the voltages when this happens. If one cell is going bad and draining, this might happen.
Also if you could post the logs uploaded to AirData UAV that would be massively helpful. Thanks!

Is there any app to check battery´s status? TBH, I mostly fly 20 minutes max with them.
Here's what your DJI Go 4 app can tell you about the battery's health.
i-BStH35C-M.jpg

Check the Total capacity (when fully charged) against the original capacity of your batteries.
I am not able to upload the log since previously I had erased everything.
The flight data is stored on the phone or tablet you used for flying.
Did you delete the flight data there?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne