DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lots of Video - What to do with it now?

I’m still learning it too.. if u figure something out give me some pointers.. what device are you using it on? Mine is a MacBook Air
you sure Imovie doesnt meet your needss?

Some pretty cool things you can do with iMovie. I pick all my best shots of the day. make a small to medium video, then delete everything. Otherwise you will have some pretty full hard drives very quickly! I select the real good stuff and store it on external drive. My Mac has over 60 gig just in drone shots from February. ! Time to clean a bunch out!
You are not kidding 4k video fills up a hard drive fast! Also most edits are non-destructive, which means if you TRIM your two minute video down to the 15 seconds of awe, the two minute video is still there - filling up your hard disk space.
I have found a way in Mac to actually trim the original file and still keep the date and metadata, by using the "trim" feature in Finder.
I use iMovie on computer or phone and sometimes I use DJI GO for a quickie. ;-)

Reactions: Jetdriver100
I like Powerdirector. It’s well priced, tons of tutorials on Youtube to get you started. It’s not tailored for professional video editors, but hobbyists like most of us seem to be. For me....... the requirement is to be able to work on a mid spec PC without grinding it to a halt, cut, trim and add transitions, text overlays and also some music. I have experimented with LUT’s but that’s about it, I’m not into colour grading. Pretty sure you can download a demo version if you care to try it out.

You can do some nice simple editing (see link) in iMovie (Mac); I use Final Cut Pro ($300) for more sophisticated stuff. It's really fun seeing your drone video on a big screen and with music. Make your videos relatively short, 3-4 minutes max. Viewers these days have a short attention span.

Reactions: Jetdriver100
You are not kidding 4k video fills up a hard drive fast! Also most edits are non-destructive, which means if you TRIM your two minute video down to the 15 seconds of awe, the two minute video is still there - filling up your hard disk space.
I have found a way in Mac to actually trim the original file and still keep the date and metadata, by using the "trim" feature in Finder.
I use iMovie on computer or phone and sometimes I use DJI GO for a quickie. ;-)
Dji Go will put together some cool stuff! I'm not sure if you can set it to go over 30 seconds though?
I have been looking at Final Cut Pro X .. 400 bucks though. I'm no professional either.

You can do some nice simple editing (see link) in iMovie (Mac); I use Final Cut Pro ($300) for more sophisticated stuff. It's really fun seeing your drone video on a big screen and with music. Make your videos relatively short, 3-4 minutes max. Viewers these days have a short attention span.
I heartily agree on the SHORT videos. Also, be selective about the length of your clips as long clips tend to get laborious in editing.

I Have some sweet Musical equipment and Logic Pro X. Love making my own music!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman