DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Love the perspective for surfing shots.Mavic 2 Pro.

Nice shots especially the second one BUT I would also question the wisdom of that second shot, getting that low over surf, spray or a larger wave could cost you the drone. I recollect some one from/in Sydney, Australia loosing their drone to surf possibly off the cliffs near Bondi Beach.

Additionally I would ask was the second shot taken in co operation with that surfer? I realise the shot is cropped but the drone must have been fairly close to that 'fast' moving surfer to get that shot.

That second shot was fantastic , award winning but all the shots were really breath taking
You might consider getting the Wet Suit to provide some more support for your style flying as well as the Rescue Jacket

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Last edited:
Nice shots especially the second one BUT I would also question the wisdom of that second shot, getting that low over surf, spray or a larger wave could cost you the drone. I recollect some one from/in Sydney, Australia loosing their drone to surf possibly off the cliffs near Bondi Beach.

Additionally I would ask was the second shot taken in co operation with that surfer? I realise the shot is cropped but the drone must have been fairly close to that 'fast' moving surfer to get that shot.
Thank you.You are correct to question the wisdom.I have no recollection of taking that shot.Lucky(in all respects)accident.

Reactions: Chris4koi
That second shot was fantastic , award winning but all the shots we really breath taking
You might consider getting the Wet Suit to provide some more support for your style flying as well as the Rescue Jacket

Phantomrain.org
Thanks.Good idea but it is not my intention to ever go below 12' when shooting surfing.I'd love to shoot while in the water with a waterproof camera but am not quick enough to avoid a board to the face.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org

It was not pre arranged with the surfer but he loved the photo!I need a 20' selfie stick!

That second shot was fantastic , award winning but all the shots were really breath taking

Phantomrain.org
Don't want to rain on anyones parade, but as a surf photographer for over ten years they aren't award winning.

Sounds like projection to me.You might post some of your award winning shots.Teach us.
Projection of what? Nothing wrong with your photos, it's just there are thousands if not ten of thousands similar photos out there already. Second photo the waves is small and the surfer isnt doing anything particularly interesting. Same with the last photo. First photo is just a couple of long boarders dropping in on each other. www.simsurf.com.au haven't got any drone stuff up on the new site yet though. Ive done work for companies corona, jet pilot, rip curl etc. Also used to get published when magazines were still a viable business. It is what it is.

Reactions: waynorth
Projection of what? Nothing wrong with your photos, it's just there are thousands if not ten of thousands similar photos out there already. Second photo the waves is small and the surfer isnt doing anything particularly interesting. Same with the last photo. First photo is just a couple of long boarders dropping in on each other. www.simsurf.com.au haven't got any drone stuff up on the new site yet though. Ive done work for companies corona, jet pilot, rip curl etc. Also used to get published when magazines were still a viable business. It is what it is.
You do have a few interesting shots.Your waves are much bigger than we get here.You might want to try exposure compensation.Might win more awards.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-27 at 9.40.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-27 at 9.40.38 AM.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 11
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member