DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low flying aircraft

Had a low flying visitor that shut down my flying today for a few minutes. I saw him way off and was surprised how fast he he was moving. Then he landed next to the runway right by us and packed it up. He said he flew 25 miles at 2-3000 feet AGL in about 15 minutes. Interesting anyway.
He would have been just hovering in atti mode.
His numbers might not be quite correct.
25 miles in 15 minutes = 100 mph

One of my questions for pilots is do you realize their are thousands of drones flying up to 400 ft agl and if so do you regularly fly below 400 ft and just risk collision !!
In the U.S. FAA states that for drones the max altitude AGL is 400’.

He would have been just hovering in atti mode.
His numbers might not be quite correct.
25 miles in 15 minutes = 100 mph

In the U.S. FAA states that for drones the max altitude AGL is 400’.
Maybe he was blowin smoke up my proverbial orifice...400 feet max for a balloon? I know nothing about them. He did travel a mile w/i a couple of min before he landed. The winds at ground level were about 15 and after he landed we got 20MPH winds with 30 MPH gusts. Ruined our flying day. I never talked with him but the guy that did likes to tell big fish stories :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I can fly legally just down the road on the coast. But a few short clicks north or south (or inland) and it's a no go zone. Nevertheless, a lot of private aircraft, fixed wing and choppers, fly up and down the coast at relatively low levels. I was flying the MA2 around a small cove last week having taken off from a path running around the cliff top at about 40m above sea level and a chopper flew south about 150m out and level with me.

Had a Alpha Jet do a low fly by the other day. The jet came out of nowhere. Wish I could have got my camera out faster. The one we saw had orange or yellow wing tips.

Here is a screen shot of the same type plane...very cool.

alpha jet.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas