DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low flying banner plane

Jaysjob

Reactions
03efa5a299ba00c685c365f23e7e4243.jpg

Saw this guy the other day. He was flying a banner up and down the beach. Goes to show why we use VLOS. This would be a complete disaster for Mavic and passenger plane.

Never seen a banner flown at 164mph... probably pretty tore up?

I think he was climbing at that point. Idk anything about towing banners but this guy was definitely into his job! He buzzed around my how a few times.

Yes banner towers can fly pretty low and slow, I saw one flying near my favorite park the other day, and he was pretty close to 400 feet AGL, so a collision would be possible.

The beach is a great place to fly, but be wary of kites, balloons, helicopters, banner towers, and of course low flying full scale cessnas and other buzzing off the coastline at very low altitudes. Also important while beach shooting is to avoid shooting cute women in bikinis, because while youre flying sideways trying to get that shot and paying attention only to the object at hand, you might fly right into a lifeguard tower. Ive seen guys in all kinds of vehicles crash into all kinds of things while distracted by some eye candy ;)

Reactions: Jaysjob
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857