DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low noise props

the moog

Reactions
I got hold of some low noise props for my Mavic Pro off eBay. Original dji? Who knows.. They look the same to me but definitely lesser quality than the standard ones. A bit flimsy. Anyway, they are certainly quieter and rpm is about 100 less than the standard.
I did notice however, that the drone wouldn’t hold position very well. It was drifting about - in all planes. Also, as I flew along then stopped, the obstacle avoidance kicked in. Almost like the ends of the props were in the sensor field of vision. Hmm. I quickly threw the old props back on and it was rock steady in the air with no trouble.
Anyone else had this? With original dji props of course.

Agreed. They are off now. I tried them again in the garden and noticed that the gimbal was shaking like mad when it was in the air.
Original props I shall get...

I got hold of some low noise props for my Mavic Pro off eBay. Original dji? Who knows.. They look the same to me but definitely lesser quality than the standard ones. A bit flimsy. Anyway, they are certainly quieter and rpm is about 100 less than the standard.
I did notice however, that the drone wouldn’t hold position very well. It was drifting about - in all planes. Also, as I flew along then stopped, the obstacle avoidance kicked in. Almost like the ends of the props were in the sensor field of vision. Hmm. I quickly threw the old props back on and it was rock steady in the air with no trouble.
Thanks for a useful post, I was considering getting some low noise props for wildlife photography but now I am thinking again!

Really there is no such thing as low noise propellers for our drones. They all sound like a swarm of angry bees, there might be a slight reduction in frequency of said noise but nothing is going to make them quiet.

I found running the genuine DJI Platinum props on my M1P did make it less ‘noticeable’.
But the MAS (Master Airscrew) props are a step above and really worth getting.
They have a sale on them every US holiday / seasonal times, so look out for that, usually 15% or so off their prices which are comparable to DJI if I recall correctly.
For wildlife it probably won’t help an awful lot, certainly drops the annoying pitch a little though.
I find the MAS work great for other models too, my Spark too, and the brother in laws Air also has lower pitch.

Reactions: Fplvert and JanetM
Throw them away before they cause you a bigger financial loss.
Yes, I personally have found that the non original ones ( even if they sell them for good ) were hitting the body of the drone in the upper part, close to the battery. They were acting almost as a fine sandpaper, leaving the chassis un varnished. I threw them away.

Ordered 2 pairs of low noise PRO propellers from DJI Store only to find they despatched propellers for Mavic 2.
Going to be sent back. Looked further on the internet and found that RTH Drones have genuine DJI low noise on sale for £9.19 a pair, free delivery. So ordered them, cheaper than DJI as well. DJI in fact did me a favour.

How did you test the RPM to be 100 less, ?

I would like to test that on the Master Screw Props.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on the water.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme