DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low Noise Props

They are not as drastic in reducing noise as I had hoped but they are still significant enough in noise reduction to warrant its purchase. They are a tad expensive for the small amount of noise reduction but still worth it.

I’m thinking that all this is just a matter of opinion.

if you mean are they quieter? no there are are several sound tests showing db meter is quite a bit lower. They are quieter and they do drop the pitch.
if you mean are they less annoying to listen to then yes, some people don't like the lower pitch(not many though).
if you mean are they worth it? of course it's a matter of opinion, for me 20 bucks is easily worth the extra 2-5 min I get on each battery, and I do prefer the sound profile.

Reactions: nalo_b
Has anyone tried the low noise props by Masterairscrew? Just wondering if they're worth it and are they safe?
I have a video review being released on Monday. Spoiler alert. . . they are awesome!

if you mean are they quieter? no there are are several sound tests showing db meter is quite a bit lower. They are quieter and they do drop the pitch.
if you mean are they less annoying to listen to then yes, some people don't like the lower pitch(not many though).
if you mean are they worth it? of course it's a matter of opinion, for me 20 bucks is easily worth the extra 2-5 min I get on each battery, and I do prefer the sound profile.
go back a few and read post number 13

Last edited:
If the noise (tone) the Mavic Air makes is a problem for you, then by all means invest in the Master Airscrew props. However, it really is more the tone that changes than the actual dB (2-5dB difference). In order for your Air to fly correctly you'll also need to change a few settings with those props.

I won't be wasting my money. For me personally - I bought the Mavic Air in full knowledge that it was noisy and far from discrete. I wouldn't risk an almost $1000 investment falling out of the sky with third party props because I want to decrease the noise it makes slightly. It STILL won't be discrete and you'll be $20 out of pocket.

If the noise (tone) the Mavic Air makes is a problem for you, then by all means invest in the Master Airscrew props. However, it really is more the tone that changes than the actual dB (2-5dB difference). In order for your Air to fly correctly you'll also need to change a few settings with those props.

I won't be wasting my money. For me personally - I bought the Mavic Air in full knowledge that it was noisy and far from discrete. I wouldn't risk an almost $1000 investment falling out of the sky with third party props because I want to decrease the noise it makes slightly. It STILL won't be discrete and you'll be $20 out of pocket.
Have you done any research into Master Airscrew? They’re one of the best, dedicated props makers for model RC aircraft around!

Just installed MA props V2 to my mavic air. The difference is there. Noise level is down by few dB. In the same time noise is different and less annoying. I can not confirm longer flights on those props. They are definately worth few dollars. I would by one or two more sets but shipping is a but pricy. Someone said they will be available on Amazon soon and if they will ill buy some there. And maybe less chance gór tax when shipping to Poland. Cheers

Finally, someone that understands reality!

Master airscrew have been around before DJI was even thought of - circa 40 years.
DJI may well make innovative UAV's but Master Airscrew know more and have greater experience regarding prop dynamics.
I would actually trust MA's props over DJI's.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan