DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low res maps

Filmarik

Reactions
How do you deal with the low res maps in Fly App when creating a flight path using way points. I find it almost impossible to use the maps because they are so crude and lacking any details. The only safe way is to fly the mission first and use C1 to register the waypoints. But that kind of beats the purpose of beeing able to program the mission at home in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sir Maxwell Greene
How do you deal with the low res maps in Fly App when creating a flight path using way points. I find it almost impossible to use the maps because they are so crude and lacking any details. The only safe way is to fly the mission first and use C1 to register the waypoints. But that kind of beats the purpose of being able to program the mission at home in advance.
One alternative is to plan your missions using the RC-N1 controller attached to an Android or iOS device that can use higher resolution Google satellite maps instead of the low resolution Map Tiler satellite maps on the RC Pro and DJI RC. Alternatively, use Flight Hub on a desktop and import the created mission.

How do you deal with the low res maps in Fly App when creating a flight path using way points. I find it almost impossible to use the maps because they are so crude and lacking any details. The only safe way is to fly the mission first and use C1 to register the waypoints. But that kind of beats the purpose of beeing able to program the mission at home in advance.
No kidding..isn't that why we have way points so we can set up photo shoot before hand?!

The map is fine. It's the satellite view that sucks.
The low resolution of the Map Tiler satellite maps in the DJI Android devices is solely because of the satellite map vendor DJI changed over to. When using the iOS version of FLY, the satellite resolution is far superior. If you use the RC-N1 with a large iOS device like an iPad Pro, you'll find the satellite maps are much higher res!

Yes I agree..makes setting up a way point mission before hand from Home, Hotel or seat of your Vehicle on site useless.. This should be a correctable issue with a software update for RC/RC Pro
DJI needs to license the satellite maps from another vendor with higher resolution. It was a cost saving measure when they changed map vendors to Map Tiler for their Android based controllers with built-in screens.

DJI needs to license the satellite maps from another vendor with higher resolution. It was a cost saving measure when they changed map vendors to Map Tiler for their Android based controllers with built-in screens.
Like maybe Google Maps?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR