DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low rez/flickering screen issues

wastair

Reactions
Hi guys,
Im currently in dispute with DJI over issues with my drone. I have sent it back to them to be repaired and they tell me there is nothing wrong with it yet i show them videos (taken from the app) clearly showing that what is being transmitted to the app is unusable. before i sent my drone back to them i tried 2 different phones and 2 different leads to connect phone and controller yet got the same issue with all combos. what i see on the screen is exactly the same as i get on the app, so my live feed is unusable.
here are two videos showing what i am dealing with:

DJI is trying to tell me this is normal?! Seriously would any of you have bought this product if that is what you see on your screen whilst trying to fly? I certainly wouldn't have.
I am wondering if anyone has had similar issues and/or knows how to fix this as the DJI techs are being rather obtuse at the moment and really getting on my nerves.
the drone is less than a year old, has never been crashed, never got wet, has always been perfectly looked after yet i get this rubbish and they try to tell me its normal! its not normal right? I plan to take my PFCO in the coming weeks and begin to fly commercially ASAP yet if this is indeed normal (which i dont believe for a second as i had many , many flights without this issue beforehand) then i will be selling my drone and not taking the course as i dont believe this is safe to fly like this.
thanks for your time.

"taken from the app"
Does this mean that you did not download the videos that are on the drone itself?

When I look at the videos that are recorded on my phone or tablet during the filght, the quality is (let's say it nice) not to be enthousiastiv about. The first time I saw the video I thought "Is this all it can do?" Then, as I pulled down the videos from the drone, I realized, that on my phone was just a "cheap" copy of the real footage.

Now, you write "the videos from the app" and that gives me the impression, that you indeed made the mistake to not take the videos from the drone (SD-Card). In that case, DJI probably will tell you "everyting is ok" because that indeed is so.

"taken from the app"
Does this mean that you did not download the videos that are on the drone itself?

When I look at the videos that are recorded on my phone or tablet during the filght, the quality is (let's say it nice) not to be enthousiastiv about. The first time I saw the video I thought "Is this all it can do?" Then, as I pulled down the videos from the drone, I realized, that on my phone was just a "cheap" copy of the real footage.

Now, you write "the videos from the app" and that gives me the impression, that you indeed made the mistake to not take the videos from the drone (SD-Card). In that case, DJI probably will tell you "everyting is ok" because that indeed is so.

sorry i should have said that everything taken from SD card is perfectly normal, i usually film in 4k and i have had no issues with any footage off SD card at all, just what i see on screen (live) and what is recorded on app. I know the app footage is not as good as the SD card footage but i have had 2 mavics (lost first one sadly) for about 20 months and for 18 of those months i had perfectly acceptable 720p footage, its just the last two months i get this unusable rubbish that DJI seems to be in denial about.

Then, what is the problem? I don't see a reason for DJI to be active. They deliver the quality they promise, at the storage they designated for it.

I do not even record the footage on my tablet. Using an old tablet, it tends to crash if I try to record. If I need to review the footage right after the flight, I keep the drone switched on and make a quick check that way.

Then, what is the problem? I don't see a reason for DJI to be active. They deliver the quality they promise, at the storage they designated for it.

I do not even record the footage on my tablet. Using an old tablet, it tends to crash if I try to record. If I need to review the footage right after the flight, I keep the drone switched on and make a quick check that way.

the problem is i cant see what is going on on the screen, its a messy, low rez blur that is of no use to man or beast... did you even watch the videos i posted? are you seriously suggesting that the footage off those videos is ok? I don't need the footage off the app, in fact i only checked it to see if it was recording properly when this fault began. i need to be able to see what is going on on the screen to fly safely and fly with precision in a professional manner. quite frankly i would never have bought a drone if this was what it was capable of.

i need to be able to see what is going on on the screen to fly safely and fly with precision in a professional manner. quite frankly i would never have bought a drone if this was what it was capable of.

Then I asume that you are in a reguion where it is not requiered to have your drone in VLOS at all times. I fly in countries where, as a pilot, you have to keep your eyes on the drone at all times, so more then an occasional look at the screen to check an angle of the shots, I have no time to watch the display, that might eplain why I don't see a problem and probably neither does DJI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke