DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lowepro Drone Guard BP250 / DJI Smart Controller

I have both, and the SC fits nicely in a compartment "above" the drone compartment. If you don't already have the backpack it's a bit difficult to describe, but basically you open the front flap as if you're accessing the drone compartment. In there, you'll see a zippered compartment, and it fits there quite well.

I have both, and the SC fits nicely in a compartment "above" the drone compartment. If you don't already have the backpack it's a bit difficult to describe, but basically you open the front flap as if you're accessing the drone compartment. In there, you'll see a zippered compartment, and it fits there quite well.
I haven’t seen the case you refer to, but I would want the screen and joysticks covered/protected. I do a similar thing as you suggest with my CS, but I keep the hood attached and folded over the screen. Just my $0.02

One note about storing the smart controller in general, the 5D joystick sticks out and is vulnerable to being sheared off if it gets stuck on anything - make sure whatever bag or case you use does not catch or stress the 5D joystick when you put away or take out the SC. Basically you don't want to be squeezing it into any compartment.

You don't need to worry about the actual remote joysticks because they remove and stow away in the back of the SC.

Another problem I have run into already is buying soft cases for the SC - I have found GPS / gadget cases that fit it perfectly, but they have interior zippers that would scratch or rub against the SC while in storage, so they went back.

The M2P, smart controller, and fly more combo fit perfectly in a Peak Design Everyday Sling 10L. You can even use a hard-case for the M2P and it all still fits. I'm still testing bags but that is likely the direction I will go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_