DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Lower Huia Dam Cinematic Flight Auckland, New Zealand

HolidayNz

Reactions

Another cinematic flight with the Mini 2. This time at the Lower Huia dam. Constructed between 1967 and 1971 located in Auckland New Zealand 16km southwest of Titirangi and dams the lower regions of the Huia stream. With a capacity of 6.4 gigalitres it is the largest and also newest of the five western dams which together supply around 20 percent of Auckland's water.

I would think it would only produce energy of water was falling into that turbine entrance (the big funnel).

Reactions: HolidayNz
I would think it would only produce energy of water was falling into that turbine entrance (the big funnel).
The dam is for water suplly purposes, not for power generation. The big funnel is the overflow drain which exits below the dam into a river. The water is unusually low at the moment as we have had quite a dry spell

Thanks for answering Daniel I probably should have mentioned the water shortage we have been facing in my description! ??✌️

Thanks for answering Daniel I probably should have mentioned the water shortage we have been facing in my description! ??✌️
I was curious because here in California, many of our reservoirs are VERY low. Drought is taking it's toll. We're hoping for a wetter winter, but it's not looking good at this point.

Reactions: HolidayNz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair