DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lowest cell voltage on the Mini 4 battery

Exphantomflyer

Reactions
As a test flight for flight time i took one of my batteries to the point where the quad HAD to land, looking at the cell voltage using Dashware (yep still use it) the cells were at about 2.6v each so 5.2v total.

Is repeatedly doing this going to cause an issue, I'm used to the big boy batteries on the Mavic Pro.

That the cell voltage was that low indicate that the chemistry is LiIon, not LiPo that have the lowest voltage level at 3.0V before permanent damage occur.

LiIon have a lowest level at 2.5V... but being as low as 2.6V once landed doesn't give much margin considering the major voltage drop that occur just in the end & different time for reaching ground from height. This will very likely mean that you will push the cell voltage below 2.5V more often than you think... & that means permanent damage to the battery with increased internal resistance & Lithium plating on the anode which create dendrite structures that can puncture the separator, causing an internal short-circuit.

So yes... doing this repeatedly will likely cause issues sooner or later.

Reactions: old man mavic
considering the major voltage drop that occur just in the end & different time for reaching ground from height.

So yes... doing this repeatedly will likely cause issues sooner or later.

Thats good to know,
I was about 3ft in the air and dashware says i was at 2.6v so im guessing that i was just about within the limit when landed

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zloalex