DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lume Cube for Mavic Pro

I received my mounts today. The mount plastic is high quality and the shape is very precise and very rigid. They come with large mounting nuts which weigh an incredible 18g per. What were they thinking? I elected to use 1/4x20 nuts from Lowes ($0.92) and further ground those down to about 2 grams per. Also, the design is a short hex bolt through the mount and covered with a cap. One bolt was a little loose and I was able to push it out. I will likely use some epoxy and permanently affix the bolt as being loose it causes the light to wobble a bit.

I aimed one cube down to light up the landing pad and one forward to help the gimbal camera.

I noticed that the app is VERY hit or miss when it comes to turning on and off the lights while the drone is on. I think the Wi-fi is so strong that it interferes with the Lume Cubes' bluetooth.

My initial thought was, if you have Lume Cubes already, this could be a good option. At $10 more than the IMCONCEPTS version YMMV. My next thought was, if you don't have Lume Cubes maybe wait for the LUMI's to come out next spring (2018) THEN buy the mounts. 2/3's the size, 2/3's the weight, and about half the price - all good things IMHO for drones. I'm still a little skeptical because the LUMI's have rare-earth magnets which cause me to worry about interfering with the compass sensor but according to Lume Cube, the magnets won't interfere...

As for flight characteristics, it is clear that Lume Cube did a good job with positioning - without measuring, the center of gravity seems pretty spot on and no matter what angle you install it, the props will clear it. The motors spin about 100 RPM's faster than normal due to the added 7+ ounces (hence my opinion 4 ounces of LUMI would make a considerable difference). Flight time is understandably reduced and while I didn't break out a stop watch, the flight times were acceptable. Yaw, left, right, forward, backward and down seemed pretty responsive. Going up seemed to take a bit more RPMs than I expected to start upward motion but once it started accelerating it rose pretty well, though it did seem to continue raising a bit longer than I expected. Basically, going up was not quite as responsive as the other directions. Still acceptable but just something to be aware of.

Overall, a decent product, but I wish the bluetooth was more reliable and the tightening nuts were lighter. The light weight LUMI's should make a huge difference and I can't wait to see if that is the case.

Reactions: Dw911
Be careful with the mounts, my Lume cube mounts keep popping up into the prop path and causing me to have to recalibrate my emu over and over, I feel very upset that almost $200 and I’m having this issue. Any ideas what I should do?

Be careful with the mounts, my Lume cube mounts keep popping up into the prop path and causing me to have to recalibrate my emu over and over, I feel very upset that almost $200 and I’m having this issue. Any ideas what I should do?

I have not had that problem - can you post a pic? When I install the mounts, they are very tight and can not pop up at all by themselves...Maybe if I could see what you are talking about I could offer better insight.

Have you tried installing the back clip first or vice versa to see if it makes a difference, I noticed it was easier to install the one way vs the other...

No video of the lava tube yet huh?
Hope he didnt fall in the tube trying to recover a crashed flying sun down there. :D
really would like to see the video results.

Top%20Clip%20Mount%20V2-1-500x500.JPG

They should not pop up, if everything is adjusted right. The weight of the cubes adds to the stability and locking of the mount. Never had an issue with it. This is the correct orientation.

They changed the brackets. Here’s what I have.

Attachments

• 1BE6E5CF-7DDB-4BD0-9308-9B6F688B9EB6.png
    1BE6E5CF-7DDB-4BD0-9308-9B6F688B9EB6.png
    391.2 KB · Views: 32
  • F48846B4-E886-475F-91CC-D1888FAA4DDF.png
    F48846B4-E886-475F-91CC-D1888FAA4DDF.png
    301.6 KB · Views: 33
  • D773236A-8D38-4309-9FE6-3B3F0075AFA6.png
    D773236A-8D38-4309-9FE6-3B3F0075AFA6.png
    265.3 KB · Views: 35
Okay, the brackets aren’t in the path of the props, upon further evaluation it’s just so close and more stress on motors making it louder and current can’t adjust power to the motors. When I remove the lights I have to recalibrate the emu because of the previous run stress of the lights I think. Is my drone need maintenance? Is this normal?

Okay, the brackets aren’t in the path of the props, upon further evaluation it’s just so close and more stress on motors making it louder and current can’t adjust power to the motors. When I remove the lights I have to recalibrate the emu because of the previous run stress of the lights I think. Is my drone need maintenance? Is this normal?
I get electric current problem to the rotors warnings after run with the lights

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki