DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lume Cubes for Mavic 2 Pro

PapaBob

Reactions
Does anyone use Lume Cubes on their Mavic 2 Pro? If so, what effect does it have on battery life and flight time considering the extra load. I am looking at these both for twilight flights to comply with the 3 mile vis regulation and for photography. Any other comments regarding this product are welcome. All help is appreciated!

I have used them quite a bit on my M2P with good result. They do lessen flight time a little bit, similar to flying in wind. As for maneuverability I have not noticed any significant shortcomings. They do a great job illuminating objects, and in strobe mode are quite visible at dusk and dawn as well as at night. I do like the Bluetooth app that allows you to have more granular control of your lighting. Hope this helps, PM me if you need further information.

Reactions: MBurris and PapaBob
Be aware.... Lume Cube sent out a message last week to MP2 owners that had purchased the kits.... the mounts come loose in the back ( pop loose from arms).... they are making redesigned mounts and will be sent out free to the people that they have records for

I purchased the Lume Cube package for my Mavic Pro 2 and after flying with them once i am ready to return. They are too heavy, the way they attach to the drone is amateurish (actually send you zip ties) and i was disappointed in the brightness or lack there of. If you go above 50 feet good luck. Just not worth the price in my opinion. I have my return in process.

I purchased the Lume Cube package for my Mavic Pro 2 and after flying with them once i am ready to return. They are too heavy, the way they attach to the drone is amateurish (actually send you zip ties) and i was disappointed in the brightness or lack there of. If you go above 50 feet good luck. Just not worth the price in my opinion. I have my return in process.
Ouch!
Try post number 2

I did pull the trigger on the lume cube kit for the Mavic 2 Pro. No problem mounting the cubes and the mounts I have use two rear attach points for each leg which held just fine. I am primarily using this for dusk and dawn flying to comply with FAA lighting regs and it does serve its purpose. The added weight does noticeably cut into flight time. I have trouble reacquiring sight of my drone if I take my eyes off momentarily and the strobe mode does help me spot it during daylight. If that is all I needed the lighting for then I would have gone with something lighter as suggested above. I have alternative uses for the cubes in my photography so it was an OK compromise for me. Thanks to all who commented.

Second Postscript. Got tired of the added weight when I did not need the Lume Cubes to illuminate a subject. Based upon Starz advice above I bought 4 Stobon CREE led lights. I am a boater not a pilot so I got two white for the rear (like a mast light), red for left front (port) and green for right front (starboard). I initially screwed up the order but Mike Singer was super in helping me fix it. I now have three flights under my belt with the LEDs and really like them. They are so small that they do not affect performance at all. Highly visible. Helps me acquire visual on the drone in daylight and helps me see the orientation of the drone when I am coming in for landing. Very pleased.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78