DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LUT Packs

dlincecum

Reactions
I fly a Mavic Mini and Mavic air for landscape photography. I've been learning about color grading using Adobe Premier. Wow - complicated program. I took a few hours in an online course and doing much better now.
There are many LUT packs advertised for DJI products. Does anyone have experience and suggestions on LUT packs?

David from Wisconsin

I fly a Mavic Mini and Mavic air for landscape photography. I've been learning about color grading using Adobe Premier. Wow - complicated program. I took a few hours in an online course and doing much better now.
There are many LUT packs advertised for DJI products. Does anyone have experience and suggestions on LUT packs?

David from Wisconsin
Yes- I also wish to know more about LUT packs as well as recommended free and pay-for transitions in Adobe Premiere Pro. Anyone using Premiere and LUTS or Transitions, what are your recommendations?

David from Wisconsin
I have been using the corrective LUT for Mavic Air d-cinelike footage by FilmPoets and I am very satisfied with it. I have a short demo clip of it here

I’ve tried lots of LUTS but have abandoned them in favour of just developing my own colour grading process. You should be aware that LUTS are a destructive process, they can blow out colours and shadow areas. In my opinion it’s faster to just correct the black and white points, correct the white balance then adjust the mid tones. Then just copy paste these adjustments to all similar clips. You will eventually develop a style u like and can apply quickly and easily.

SkyGrades are meant for D-Log M. Ground Control and Polar Pro make good D-Log M-specfic LUTs. I went nuts last Black Friday and bought them all. The Mavic Mini does not shoot log footage. The Ground Control LUT sets include a Rec. 709 ("standard") version of each LUT. I've used LUTs on Mini footage, but I use Final Cut which lets me change the "strength" of the LUT. Typically on Mavic Mini footage I use the Rec.709 version of the GC LUT and set strength somewhere between 10-35%.

I have about 7 LUTs specific for DJI from Ground Control, HKC and Xiaomi. I tend to agree that LUTs are no substitute for learning color grading. You can spend a lot of time sorting through LUTs when you can get the look manually. If you find a setting you like, make your own LUT. As mentioned above, the Ground Control 709 is a good choice.

Reactions: kawartha
Hello Herold Morgan....

I have spent many hours learning how to manually color correct. Once I have a look I like, how do I save it to make my own LUT? I am running DR 16.1 on a PC. Is it easy to do? I have been looking over the 3.000 page pdf manual that came with DR 16.1. If you have used the manual, maybe you can just point me to a page number and I can read up on it? I could not figure out how to save my color settings, but I am very new to DR.

thanks

mraroid

Hello Herold Morgan....

I have spent many hours learning how to manually color correct. Once I have a look I like, how do I save it to make my own LUT? I am running DR 16.1 on a PC. Is it easy to do? I have been looking over the 3.000 page pdf manual that came with DR 16.1. If you have used the manual, maybe you can just point me to a page number and I can read up on it? I could not figure out how to save my color settings, but I am very new to DR.

thanks

mraroid
If you go to YouTube and search for "Davinci Create Lut" you'll find a number of examples.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe