DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LUTs

I did break down and by the Polar Pro Aurora pack today.. I wish a company would just sell one LUT without all of the fancy colored video. I don't know how many are in this pack but, I'll probably use just one of them. In my case, $24 for one LUT is a bit pricey. All that they really are, is a time-saving starting point. You still have to go in and tweak for awhile. I'm trying to figure out how to make my own LUT in Resolve.

I did break down and by the Polar Pro Aurora pack today.. I wish a company would just sell one LUT without all of the fancy colored video. I don't know how many are in this pack but, I'll probably use just one of them. In my case, $24 for one LUT is a bit pricey. All that they really are, is a time-saving starting point. You still have to go in and tweak for awhile. I'm trying to figure out how to make my own LUT in Resolve.
Voila

I use Hitfilm Express 2017, does anyone know if Hitfilm is compatible with the polar pro lut profiles?

I film in D-Cinelike +1, -1 ,-1 and use a free LUT in FCPX from Noam Kroll "NoamKroll-Cine-D.cube"

I use a free plugin from Coremelt to be able to apply my LUTs if that helps anyone.

Gives me a great basis to start from and gets close to, if not spot on what I am looking for, straight out of the LUT

I film in D-Cinelike +1, -1 ,-1 and use a free LUT in FCPX from Noam Kroll "NoamKroll-Cine-D.cube"

I use a free plugin from Coremelt to be able to apply my LUTs if that helps anyone.

Gives me a great basis to start from and gets close to, if not spot on what I am looking for, straight out of the LUT
Just found that LUT and it is good with cinelike footage

Attachments

• NoamKroll-Cine-D.cube_.zip
    273.4 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: diegoaz
I've just checked this LUT and one good reason NOT to use it...

Schermafbeelding 2017-07-12 om 11.02.22.png
Why ruin a perfect good setting, then use a LUT to re-adjust...
I really don't understand some people
I found the YouTube tutorials of Drone Film Guide very interesting. They follow my own believe that you should experiment and not just follow what others program.
If you use basic settings (and yeah, D-Log is the easiest to use) and play with your vector-scope... you're 80% done. Without a LUT

I did see those custom settings and so was expecting not a great result, but after trying it (no harm it's free), was pleasantly surprised by the result.

There is no harm in trying. But what you should try is to fly and film with your own settings and play with them... The end result will be surprising...

Reactions: RaRaRasputin
I use the ICARUS LUT pack.
These are the only technical LUTS for D-log and D-Cinelike created using calibrated charts.

Here we see them as a clear winner against two other free LUTS, revealing smoother tonal gradations, better dynamic range and an overall pleasing and photographic depiction of the scene.

You get LUTS for Sunny, Auto and Tungsten White Balance.

More information here ICARUS MAVIC PRO LUTs for D-Cinelike and D-Log

These are the only technical LUTS for D-log and D-Cinelike created using calibrated charts.

Here we see them as a clear winner against two other free LUTS, revealing smoother tonal gradations, better dynamic range and an overall pleasing and photographic depiction of the scene.

You advertise these for use with D-Log and DCinelike. I bought them but ETTR LUTS are not available for DCinelike?

You advertise these for use with D-Log and DCinelike. I bought them but ETTR LUTS are not available for DCinelike?
Indeed, I should've made that clear in the description. Thank you for pointing that out, I will change it now.
The reason is that D-Cine has less dynamic range than D-LOG and exposing to the right is less feasible. I ran some tests and even created a LUT for that situation but there's really not a lot of manoeuvrability there. The contrast curve for D-Cine is already close to REC709.
D-Cine is the closest thing to a no-grade whilst getting a decent dynamic range.

How do these compare to the spectrum luts?

Tested the ICARUS LUT pack for a week and I´m very pleased with the results. Very natural look, if properly exposed. I particularly like ETTR e sRGB profiles. And the contrast curves I use before using some other artistic LUTs if I want a different look.

Reactions: littlewings
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929