DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2 ESC board; art in motion.

Former Member

Reactions
I just got done disassembling another Mavic 2 and finally took the time out to take a picture of the new FC/ESC board layout compared to the Mavic Pro. In my eyes, it's simply a work of art and engineering. DJI added yellow shielding to the wires up front, and added some beautiful wire hold-downs fore and aft to keep them in place.

The cooling fan is huge and is mounted horizontally instead of vertically and does a really good job of cooling both boards, and still being very quiet.

Excellent quality and engineering once again from DJI.

Mavic Pro

20180926_221915.jpeg

Mavic 2 (yes i swiped the LR arm for a repair)

20180926_172117.jpeg

Last edited:
The main solder joints are looking a lot better in all the teardown shots I've seen so far, though a guy like you actually pulling the birds apart will have more of an idea than I. Some of the joints on the P4s were pretty ordinary; borderline dangerously cold with little to no evidence of proper flux use.

EDIT: The underside of that ESC board looks even better IMO. Very neat and tidy layout....

Reactions: Former Member
It seems that hardware engineers of Dji are learning fast.

Unfortunately software doesn't follow hardware, they are slow and old-fashion, and their software is more buggy than it should be, while talking about an expensive flying machine.

As a low voltage controls guy, when I saw the wire management in the first tear down video, I was so very proud of whomever at DJI insisted upon that.

Very nice to see in this era.

giphy.gif

Also good to see the power management integrated with the most power hungry part of the device; the ESCs.

Two less high-current wires and four less solder joints to worry about...

Also good to see the power management integrated with the most power hungry part of the device; the ESCs.

Two less high-current wires and four less solder joints to worry about...

I actually liked the old board better in that respect. If the battery pins got damaged or corroded, I could always replace the battery connector individually. Now, I might have to replace the whole board.

Didn't think of that... Maybe shows serviceability and reliability, while not mutually exclusive, aren't always possible to maximise at once...

True. Sometimes it's hard to balance, but then I always think of the Dodge 225 slant 6 engine. Easy to repair and reliable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tstr14