DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2 Pro with Smart Controller or Fly More Combo

Dbarwick

Reactions
Hi, I'm trying to stay within a 2k budget. I'm looking at the M2 pro with either a Smart Controller or the Fly More Combo. I bought a Fly More Combo in 2017 with my Mavic Pro and liked the extra batteries but frustrated with using my phone to fly ( glare and calls and text). Any thoughts or input would be appreciated.

Hi, I'm trying to stay within a 2k budget. I'm looking at the M2 pro with either a Smart Controller or the Fly More Combo. I bought a Fly More Combo in 2017 with my Mavic Pro and liked the extra batteries but frustrated with using my phone to fly ( glare and calls and text). Any thoughts or input would be appreciated.
The Smart Controller makes sense if you have than 1 drone , need a weather resistant controller to fly in the rain and snow and want the most hassle free way to fly . Not having any cords Priceless as well as being able to get up in the Air quickly .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and land on Water.

Screenshot 09-26-2020 12.41.02.jpg

Well to stay within your budget you really only have 1 choice.
the flymore package. Maybe not get that but just the Pro
with one 1 battery and the smart controller.

Combo would be my choice, etxtra batteries, 12 charger and the hub that allows the batteries to be charged sequentially
To prevent calls on a phone switch it to airplane mode.
Is the smart controller 'glare proof'?

Not in the direct sunlight you would need a hood for that.
My 1st experience with SC in bright sunlight called for sunshade. Quickly learned the brightness slider, found when you pull down the menu from top of screen, was defaulted to about 75%. Since adjusting to 100% brightness, have never needed sunshade.

Reactions: Dbarwick
SC for me means i fly more than before. I dont need the time and effort of a minute or 2 setting up holders, wires, loading apps. It just works.
Screen brightness is "OK" - far better than any mobile device around but in bright tropical sun i still need to stand under a tree.

Having said that, i'd find a single battery far more limiting than anything so the fly more combo maybe a better idea.

That s a tough call but you really need to have more than just one battery but the smart controller is so so nice to have the feel of the sticks is so so nice and the bright screen is so good but you need to have more than one battery and you need to save up and get a smart controller

Hi
I just saw your post and I’ve got several M2 aircraft both pro and zoom.

I can set you up with a m2p & SC with a fly more combo for $1500 + $30 to ship via UPS Ground w tracking.

I’m a long time modeler very safe to trade with. I spend most of my modeling energy over at the worlds largest RC forum. RCG.com

I’m ok with trading here also but FYI I have I’ve over 230 positive ratings (highest possible) on RCG.

Over 300k in personal RC stuff I’ve sold let alone purchased.

I go bye SkyAngels there also.

I can be reached by PM here.

Ps I have not listed any drones for sale yet. I was just reacting to help out a fellow modeler.

Thank you

Phil

Hi

I can set you up with a m2p & SC with a fly more combo for $1500 + $30 to ship via UPS Ground w tracking.

I’m a long time modeler very safe to trade with. I spend most of my modeling energy over at the worlds largest RC forum. RCG.com

I’m ok with trading here also but FYI I have I’ve over 230 positive ratings (highest possible) on RCG.

Ps I have not listed any drones for sale yet. I was just reacting to help out a fellow modeler.

Thank you

Phil
Hi Phil, are these new or used?

Hi

Thank you

Phil
Sounds like a great deal! I paid $1500 for MA2 FM with SC, plus tax. The MP2 price is normally double that of the MA2...

IMO, at $750 a Smart Controller probably wouldn't be the best option for someone on a budget unless you're a full time pro. My suggestion would be to buy a REFURBISHED M2 Pro. $1279, then you can choose the accessories and batteries you like. An iPad Mini and a screen shade would be a better plan to stay close to budget.

FWIW I went with the refurbished M2pro plus the fly more. When my refurb M2 came I could not distinguish IN ANY WAY that it wasn't a brand new unit. Not a scratch. Not a hiccup in function or operation, flying or shooting. New looking packages, all shrink wrapped. Absolutely perfect condition. I couldn't be happier and I saved $260 up front before buying anything else. That $260 could go a ways toward everything else you'll want. I find authorized dealers easier to work with than DJI directly. JMO...

... One more thing. If you are in a heavy sales tax state as I am, B&H has a program where they discount the tax. I just bought my Mini 2 from them and saved $66 in tax were I to have purchased it locally or through DJI. A $2000 package might have a steep tax penalty depending on where you live. Just sayin'.

Hi

Thank you

Phil
do you still have the m2p & SC with a fly more combo for $1500 + $30 to ship via UPS Ground w tracking.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98