DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2E and M2ED - Zoom on Dual Possible?

Dougcjohn

Reactions
The M2P and M2Z share the platform and can easily swap the Zoom and Pro 1“ cameras.
The M2 Zoom camera is the same between M2 and M2E, the 2X and 3X digital Zoom is Firmware not camera.
That introduced a question; Can... or could the Zoom be placed on the M2ED in similar fashion... or vise versa?
Not sure why it couldn’t, it’s same platform and firmware, basically like M2P & M2Z share Firmware.

I have M2P, M2ED, and the M2 Zoom camera in separate mini case.
I’ve swapped the M2P into a M2Z with no issues.
I’ve been pondering the M2ED - M2E for a bit... haven’t found a indication it wouldn’t swap.

The interchangeability of the M2E Dual to Zoom is more worthwhile than the M2P to M2Z.

Anyone with additional information or known limitations to perform swap?

Anyone with additional information or known limitations to perform swap?
While it's physically possible to swap the cameras, DJI has a firmware restriction that prevents the cameras from working in the other craft.

Reactions: Dronage
While it's physically possible to swap the cameras, DJI has a firmware restriction that prevents the cameras from working in the other craft.
As in the Enterprise series or standard too? Because if both, that's incorrect.. you can swap M2P and Z.

Is that documented somewhere on the M2E and M2ED firmware? I haven't found it.

As in the Enterprise series or standard too? Because if both, that's incorrect.. you can swap M2P and Z.

Is that documented somewhere on the M2E and M2ED firmware? I haven't found it.

since you can’t swap out camera for M2Z with M2ED, I was wondering if you can swap out M2P camera with M2EZ? Is both firmware the same and has anyone done this on this forum?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+