DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2E Dual First Flight

We purchased the Mavic 2 so we can fly piggy back with the Phantom 4 Pro and video the Phantom 4 Wet Suits in Extreme Weather conditions and vice versa .

The Mavic 2 Already had a better and well engineered design and so I thought it would be a great match up. Poured a couple glasses of water over the battery of the Mavic 2 and barely a drop made it in.

Got past the first test but just barely.

So first downpour of rain we got I took it up in the real world. The down pour only lasted 4 minutes , opened up the battery and realized that the battery had been compromised with water inside the battery and was so disappointed.

All it took was 4 minutes in a downpour to take on water. Compare that to the 26 minutes a Phantom 4 Wet Suit can do in a pouring rain and you see how we were going to have an issue with the Mavic 2

I had no plans on making any wet suits for the Mavics but everything changed from that small downpour.

You mention that you had to open the drone both times to fan it out., thus the idea behind the Mavic Wet Suits is simply to stop the water from getting inside so you dont have to open it or dry it , just place it back on the shelf and fly it again.

So pouring the glasses of water over the drone does not equal to any kind of real life test but the fact that it failed on the 4 minute hover was alarming enough for me rethink the Mavic 2 and Design the Wet Suit for it !

I am glad we did it , as we were able to add some other benefits as well

The Challenge with M2E are the Rescue tools as I need some real world tests to challenge them.
We had 133 days of Rain last year so it coming sooner than latter.

View attachment 61561

You can check out phantomrain.org for more videos , as I will keep posting them there.

Please let me know when your rain protection is available. Thanks!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
We purchased the Mavic 2 so we can fly piggy back with the Phantom 4 Pro and video the Phantom 4 Wet Suits in Extreme Weather conditions and vice versa .

The Mavic 2 Already had a better and well engineered design and so I thought it would be a great match up. Poured a couple glasses of water over the battery of the Mavic 2 and barely a drop made it in.

Got past the first test but just barely.

So first downpour of rain we got I took it up in the real world. The down pour only lasted 4 minutes , opened up the battery and realized that the battery had been compromised with water inside the battery and was so disappointed.

All it took was 4 minutes in a downpour to take on water. Compare that to the 26 minutes a Phantom 4 Wet Suit can do in a pouring rain and you see how we were going to have an issue with the Mavic 2

I had no plans on making any wet suits for the Mavics but everything changed from that small downpour.

You mention that you had to open the drone both times to fan it out., thus the idea behind the Mavic Wet Suits is simply to stop the water from getting inside so you dont have to open it or dry it , just place it back on the shelf and fly it again.

So pouring the glasses of water over the drone does not equal to any kind of real life test but the fact that it failed on the 4 minute hover was alarming enough for me rethink the Mavic 2 and Design the Wet Suit for it !

I am glad we did it , as we were able to add some other benefits as well

The Challenge with M2E are the Rescue tools as I need some real world tests to challenge them.
We had 133 days of Rain last year so it coming sooner than latter.

View attachment 61561

You can check out phantomrain.org for more videos , as I will keep posting them there.
Please let me know when the Enterprise one is ready. I have a Dual and would like to protect it.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas