DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2E Dual First Flight

Many thanks and kudos to the dronefly.com folks that I purchased through. Very responsive and good people.

It all comes ready to fly in a nice case and one heated battery.

Comments on the battery here: Mavic2 Battery Mods

I also noticed the slot for the RC has 2 removable tabs that will hold the new smart RC (I was actually worried about this and was shocked/please to see this).

The case was brilliantly thought out. The accessories "tray" comes out and there is a big (relatively) compartment that could hold another 3-4 batteries or whatever stuff you like.

1547823994605.png

1547824015386.png

@beanbubba is the FLIR able to detect heat signatures through fog? @FatherXmas any ideas?
I am not sure.

I have owned many handheld FLIR units over the last 10 years or so and I was a little disappointed that this appears to be the same-old 640x480 sensor that is used on the iPhone attachment.

It's OK, but I was hoping they would have used a higher resolution than this ~6 year old tech.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I combed over the entire bird and I could find no external physical differences (other than the accessory port and badging). By all appearances the accessory port is a vanilla USB port:

1547829330347.png

1547829349049.png

1547829370574.png

Just read the manual from cover to cover. I'm a little disappointed that the visible light side of the camera only records in JPEG, not RAW. I understand why the thermal side can only do JPEG, but why would the visible light camera?

I'm still in the infant stage of the flir technology, so what's the benefit of RAW?

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I'm still in the infant stage of the flir technology, so what's the benefit of RAW?
Zero benefit for the FLIR side of the camera. If you want to take regular photographs with the visible light side of the camera, there's more digital information in a RAW file vs a JPEG so you can make more corrections to things like white balance, saturation, etc. With RAW, you can end up with a far better finished photo.

Reactions: Former Member
Guys, this is not a SAR drone. It is an inspection drone. At 160x120 thermal, you are not going to see anything unless you are really close like less than 50-100ft. This can be used to inspect thermal characteristic of an object when you are say 20-30 feet away. DJI is going a dangerous disservice advertising this otherwise, as 1st responders may think the have something that can help them find a missing person but it actually can only see a person (as a blob) thermally under 100ft away, and maybe ID that blob as a person from say 50 feet away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan