DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P cannot find takeoff settings?

Badgersurfer

Reactions
I am using a CS Ultra and a new M2P with DJI GO4 everything up to date, but when I take off it always hovers about 4 ft. I want it higher. I don't seem to have the precision landing tick box like I had on my MPP or any settings to increase the height. Help please as my dog keeps trying to grab it. :)

it would be better if you could restrain you dog till you had taken off and then gone up to around 25ft i answered you in your other thread on auto take off

Reactions: JAW and THE CYBORG
it would be better if you could restrain you dog till you had taken off and then gone up to around 25ft i answered you in your other thread on auto take off
You don't know my dog ?... yes sorry for posting the same in 2 areas... and thank you for answering my question... just one other point though... if I take off manually and go straight to say 25ft and hover, does it still record the RTH spot. I find it a bit confusing as at what point it records the RTH location. Say for example I took off and instead of going vertical went at an angle 10 yards away, then hovered would it set that as the location? If not where would it return to? Or is designed to only record vertical input directly within a time frame after take off?

Reactions: old man mavic
You don't know my dog ?... yes sorry for posting the same in 2 areas... and thank you for answering my question... just one other point though... if I take off manually and go straight to say 25ft and hover, does it still record the RTH spot. I find it a bit confusing as at what point it records the RTH location. Say for example I took off and instead of going vertical went at an angle 10 yards away, then hovered would it set that as the location? If not where would it return to? Or is designed to only record vertical input directly within a time frame after take off?
it records the home point on the ground after it gets enough sats locked ,and you get the message to check it on the map ,and then as you take off it will give the homepoint set check it on the map as it lifts off ,so if you do a manual take off and just go straight up to 25ft then it should give you the the same accuracy as precision did on the MP1 ,i wouldn't really worry to much about it, as even if you just took off and flew up and away in one move ,it would still come back pretty close to the home point i very rarely use RTH myself but dont forget that its easy to just cancel RTH as the drone approaches the ground and then you can land it yourself on the mat if you use one ,but make sure the dog is not able to get to it ,or just hand catch it,if you feel brave enough

it records the home point on the ground after it gets enough sats locked ,and you get the message to check it on the map ,and then as you take off it will give the homepoint set check it on the map as it lifts off ,so if you do a manual take off and just go straight up to 25ft then it should give you the the same accuracy as precision did on the MP1 ,i wouldn't really worry to much about it, as even if you just took off and flew up and away in one move ,it would still come back pretty close to the home point i very rarely use RTH myself but dont forget that its easy to just cancel RTH as the drone approaches the ground and then you can land it yourself on the mat if you use one ,but make sure the dog is not able to get to it ,or just hand catch it,if you feel brave enough
Thank you, that has cleared it up. I have only used RTH once, and then I cancelled it and landed manually. Like yourself I prefer to be in control. I am not too keen to hand catch, as being a mechanical engineer and RC flier for 50 years I still have all my fingers would you believe. I think I will hang onto them thanks...?

Reactions: old man mavic
dont blame you i dont hand catch either

Reactions: Badgersurfer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr