DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P: Esc Status Error

bushmiller

Reactions
Was flying today, drone was working fine, but after a normal landing M2P wouldn't takeoff; props starting spinning then stopped. Now getting "Esc status error." I did have a crash over a year ago, have flown many times since with no issues.

I've tried removing and replacing props; powering off, removing and replacing battery...anything else to try before sending for repair?

Try refreshing the firmware, sometimes if it's software issue this might fix it.
If this doesn't work it's probably a hardware problem requiring the esc board to be replaced.

If you click on the error message in the red panel at the top of DJI Go4 , this might tell you where the esc problem is.
1614322068513.png

Thanks Iannes. I was able to refresh the drone's firmware, but still getting esc error. I wasn't able to refresh controller firmware though...I connected controller to my Macbook with the usb-c cable that came with controller, that connects to side of controller to USB-C; also tried another cable that came with it, that connects to bottom of controller to USB-C.

I'll try contacting DJI support, but if anyone has advice about connecting controller, please let me know.

Thanks Iannes. I was able to refresh the drone's firmware, but still getting esc error. I wasn't able to refresh controller firmware though...I connected controller to my Macbook with the usb-c cable that came with controller, that connects to side of controller to USB-C; also tried another cable that came with it, that connects to bottom of controller to USB-C.

I'll try contacting DJI support, but if anyone has advice about connecting controller, please let me know.
Your controller doesn't have ESC's...your chasing butterflies. ;)

Your controller doesn't have ESC's...your chasing butterflies. ;)
I thought it would be unlikely that the controller would be the issue, but seemed worth a try to avoid the cost and delay of getting a repair...but good to know that it's definitely not the controller.

Remember you also need to have the RC turned on as well to connect it to the PC.
As Repaid1 mentioned the RC is not the problem.

If updating the AC firmware and it's still having esc problems then it looks like it's a hardware failure.
Try tapping on the "red error message" at the top of the screen it might provide more info on the type of esc error e.g. faulty motor etc.

Remember you also need to have the RC turned on as well to connect it to the PC.
As Repaid1 mentioned the RC is not the problem.

If updating the AC firmware and it's still having esc problems then it looks like it's a hardware failure.
Try tapping on the "red error message" at the top of the screen it might provide more info on the type of esc error e.g. faulty motor etc.
Right, the RC was powered on while connected to PC.

What does "AC" stand for?

I did tap on the error message; at one point it said ESC error 3, and after a restart the "3" went away, with just general ESC status error.

Thanks.

Right, the RC was powered on while connected to PC.

What does "AC" stand for?

I did tap on the error message; at one point it said ESC error 3, and after a restart the "3" went away, with just general ESC status error.

Thanks.

AC = aircraft

3no. ESC error is a problem with the rear left motor, did this take the impact from your previous crash ?
One of the motor wires could be detached or there could be a fault with the ESC board.

AC = aircraft

3no. ESC error is a problem with the rear left motor, did this take the impact from your previous crash ?
One of the motor wires could be detached or there could be a fault with the ESC board.
Hm, could be from the crash, although I've flown for over a year since then without incident. Thanks for the help.

ESC means : Electronic Speed Controller. The ESC controls the speed of the motors which directly alters the in flight aircraft directional changes. You said you crashed about a year Ago, if it was a hard crash, that may be why you are getting ESC status error. Do a search function query, upper right hand corner, type in ESC status error, see what you get on that subject.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial