DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

m2p gimbal protector

It's quite useless to argue about this. When I say it takes me 1 second to apply the cover and I never have problems with it, what's there to realise? There is nothing to improve on my side.

I could also say, you should realise that you are not very talented using your hands?!

Video will follow later. To much text for this small topic.

It's quite useless to argue about this. When I say it takes me 1 second to apply the cover and I never have problems with it, what's there to realise? There is nothing to improve on my side.

I could also say, you should realise that you are not very talented using your hands?!

Video please ?

Can't wait! I'm sure any video of yours will end up going viral and become a permanent sticky! We can then all learn from your unlimited talent and superior intelligence, which has been sorely missing from the forum all these years. Since you have discovered we are all troglodytes here, we look forward to your generous offer to educate all of us with your infinite wisdom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Camino Ken
I use the PolarPro also. Quick, better stabilization than OEM, and padded, so no scratches.
I have to agree that the PolarPro is excellent. You will read reviews complaining that it is too tight but it fits perfectly. When you attach it, as you push in the catch it moves the gimbal in about 1-2mm which holds it tight. As with most PolarPro stuff, it is expensive in comparison but it is certainly quality - also a lifetime guarantee.

Can't wait! I'm sure any video of yours will end up going viral and become a permanent sticky! We can then all learn from your unlimited talent and superior intelligence, which has been sorely missing from the forum all these years. Since you have discovered we are all troglodytes here, we look forward to your generous offer to educate all of us with your infinite wisdom.

I'm sorry you get upset when I say, I don't have problems with my mavic cover.

I'm sorry you get upset when I say, I don't have problems with my mavic cover.
Amazing! I'm impressed! You weren't exaggerating when you said that YOU can do it in 1 second. Seems like more of a brute force approach, but it seems to work!

However, if you could also do one in slow-motion, with narration, so we can see exactly what your technique involves, that would be very helpful. You do it so fast in the video that it almost looks like a magic trick.

BTW, it's not what you say but how you say it that is offensive in many of your posts. Must be a cultural clash in translating German into English. In America, and on the forum, in general, we try to be helpful and share our insights, rather than insulting others for not having the same insights. Thanks for showing how you do it. Now if you could just show us how we can do it (like you already know how to do it), that will always be constructive. Thumbswayup

Last edited:
Reactions: Camino Ken
This was my best attempt at doing it in less than a minute
I'll share my technique:

1. Start with the drone on it's back, on a solid soft surface
2. Straighten the camera
3. Slide the floppy part of the gimbal guard underneath the camera.
4. Try and catch the clips in the drone recesses as you slide it back in
5. GENTLY jiggle around, until you do catch them
6. Try closing the sphere into the catch
7. Repeat steps 4,5, and 6 as necessary.
Takes me about 10-15 seconds, once I start step 3.

@Checki is a magician to do it in 1 second.

My biggest concern with his brute force method is potential long term gimbal damage.
The gimbals are robust, but still very sensitive to abuse, which is why we are using the gimbal guard in the first place. If the method of installing the gimbal guard does more damage than not using one at all, there is no point to installing it!

Last edited:
Reactions: OurAngryBadger
Funny, didn't think that's a problem for some ?
I do it again filming from the other side, then you see it better. Can't explain... Later

Funny, didn't think that's a problem for some ?
I do it again filming from the other side, then you see it better. Can't explain... Later
Clearly, for many, which is why the details of your technique will be helpful to the unwashed masses. You are far more talented than you realize.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman