DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P micro SD question...

Reactions
Hi all,
I’m new here and just purchased the M2P with smart controller and RE goggles. I’m not new to drones, just upgraded from my Yuneec Q500. Here’s my question: my drone, the controller and the goggles all have a micro SD slot...should I use all three and/or how? I’m confused as to what the recording options are...does the controller capture what the drone captures? As a back up? Is the quality the same? Or is it catching what appears on the screen? Very confusing. Please advise and let me know what/how to best set up the recording options. Thank you in advance!
CCP

Reactions: E90RAW
Hi all,
I’m new here and just purchased the M2P with smart controller and RE goggles. I’m not new to drones, just upgraded from my Yuneec Q500. Here’s my question: my drone, the controller and the goggles all have a micro SD slot...should I use all three and/or how? I’m confused as to what the recording options are...does the controller capture what the drone captures? As a back up? Is the quality the same? Or is it catching what appears on the screen? Very confusing. Please advise and let me know what/how to best set up the recording options. Thank you in advance!
CCP
IT IS VERY CONFUSING. Some files will down load to the SC mainly jpeg while you are filming. If you want the files from the drone (that didnt download) to download to the SC you have to go in and download manually. It will only download the jpegs to the SC. Same for the goggles. The main purpose for all the microSD cards is to do post processing on your computer, especially high resolution images/video. You will place them directly in your computer. The drone will have the best images as they weren't transmitted over the wifi from the drone to the SC. The system is duplicitous. You will have the same video on the SC/goggles and the drone. And then some of the drone will not download to the SC as they are likely high resolution. The drone clips are definitely better. It seems the purpose to the SC recording is so you can see what you have just recorded without waiting. The download from the drone to the SC can take awhile(5-15 minutes). Hope that helps. It gets easier as you get more experience with it. This is not in any manual. The goggles are just like the SC.

IT IS VERY CONFUSING. Some files will down load to the SC mainly jpeg while you are filming. If you want the files from the drone (that didnt download) to download to the SC you have to go in and download manually. It will only download the jpegs to the SC. Same for the goggles. The main purpose for all the microSD cards is to do post processing on your computer, especially high resolution images/video. You will place them directly in your computer. The drone will have the best images as they weren't transmitted over the wifi from the drone to the SC. The system is duplicitous. You will have the same video on the SC/goggles and the drone....

Perfect answer! THANK YOU! I shoot everything in RAW so now I know to use the SD card from the drone, not the controller. Thank you again!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian