DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P Not Going Forward

This just happened to me the other day on my MP. It was at sunrise and the MP would just stop but I did get the obstacle avoidance warning when headed toward the sun. I found I could fly backwards toward the sun or sidewards toward the sun but flying forward towards the Sun stopped and gave that warning.
I’ve flown in this situation many times without an issue, but it’s the first time I’ve flown my MP since getting my M2P and I had just updated the firmware from a much older version (and recalibrated). I guess it sees the bright low sun as an obstacle. I’m assuming the newer firmware is pickier about the bright light.

What made things worse was at one point it performed a low battery RTH from a distance and it couldn’t complete the RTH because of the obstacle. I had to cancel the RTH and bring the MP in backwards. It’s a good thing I didn’t lower the low battery warning level.

I was planning on trying the same scenario with the M2P to see if I had the same issue. And whether I get the warning message.
Good to know about RTH and OA scenario

Just fly sideways into the sun when getting this error. Better video anyway. Side sensors are not active unless in Tripod Mode or using Active Track. Turning off OA will also make it go away.

Last edited:
I have had this exact problem quite a few times and it has one thing in common. Early morning or late evening sun. If I launch and try to go forward into the sun it will resist. My bet it the sensors are misreading the sun as an obstacle so I just turn a bit and off she goes.

Great eyesight...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev