DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P not slowing down

adavis

Reactions
Hey all.
Ive had my Mavic 2 Pro for about a year and have pretty much always flown it in the same way, that it is 99% of the time it is in 'P' mode.
Because of this, I've gotten pretty used to the way that it flies, however in the last couple of weeks things have changed.

I was flying at an old airfield and wanted to go as fast as possible, so flipped into S mode on the controller and away I went, however the speed readout on the controller that would usually be 72kmh top speed was only showing 50kmh.
I managed to track that down to a setting in the controller for the T,P and S switch to enable it. Basically the switch ont he controller was turned off.
That was weird, as I have used S mode before and not had an issue.

However, the bigger problem that I have is that the flight dynamics have changed a lot, specifically around stopping.

In the past 12 months when flying in P mode, if I am flying fast back towards me or away or whatever, and you let go of the sticks, the aircraft would pitch up hard and come to a stop in a relatively short length.
I've been used to this and it has become second nature as to the amount of stopping distance needed to stop in that way.

Now, however, it does still pitch up and slow down, but not nearly as fast.
I think that it probably takes two to three times the stopping distance now.
It is not in ATTI mode, and there are 12+ sats visible.

I did do a controller update about a month ago, and that would coincide with these two changes.
Has anyone else found the same thing?
Has anyone found a way to set the stopping mode back to what it was before?

Aircraft: v01.00.0770
App: 4.3.38

cheers
Andrew

I seem to remember there being a setting that governs the severity of the braking, probably in the controller's menu but my controller needs charging so I can't check at the moment.

EDIT the braking adjustment is reached via the 3 dot menu -> quad copter menu-> "Advanced Settings" -> " Sensitivity" -> "brake"

Last edited by a moderator:
Always check your settings after a firmware update. This is from the release notes: Please note that update may reset various main controller settings, such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance, to default settings. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update.

EDIT the braking adjustment is reached via the 3 dot meny -> quad copter menu-> "Advanced Settings" -> " Sensitivity" -> "brake"
OK found that setting now, thanks.
It was set to 100%, but can go to 200%, so I upped it and will test. thanks.

Always check your settings after a firmware update.
Well, yeah, however it is really bad form to introduce new settings that have a material impact on operation and automatically enable them.
There's a new one there that it RTH at current altitude.
I cant think of any example where you would want that set when there is a separate setting for RTH altitude and they operate independently.
That new option was selected and *could* have had catastrophic consequences.

But yes, you are right, you should check for unintended settings after an update, not always practical though.

I tried out setting the braking to 200% and it seems to be pretty much as it was before.
Thanks
You are probably aware but just to reinforce one safety precaution...make sure the AC's battery is securely latched. The quick braking could possibly shake loose a poorly latched battery.

I have a velco strap around my battery as well....belt and suspenders!

You are probably aware but just to reinforce one safety precaution...make sure the AC's battery is securely latched. The quick braking could possibly shake loose a poorly latched battery.

I have a velco strap around my battery as well....belt and suspenders!
I am not convinced that this breaking is more than it was before this firmware version, however, noted, it is a good ide to not chuck your battery out the back when stopping :)

have a look at
If you check with the likes of Budwalker, Meta4, Msinger, Sar104, Slup etc. they may know if those settings are recorded in either the DAT or ,txt and if so, where.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760