DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P or M2Zoom?

Gizmo6257

Reactions
I ordered the M2P but was sure unsure which to get. I am going to do, Real Estate and Roof Inspections. I hope I made the Right decision? I also take a lot of Photos, and that is what made me go with M2P. What is your thoughts? Also, I ordered it from a Authorized DJI Dealer on Amazon. Is there any differences between DJI and Amazon as far as benefits? I will get it in 3 days from the time I ordered.

IMO, for roof inspections the Zoom would be a better choice where you can get more up-close and personal shots of potential problems. For real estate the Pro, on paper, has a better camera but in real world use the only big advantage the Pro has in in low light conditions. As far as good lighting conditions are concerned you'll notice very little difference in video quality between the two

So, i would agree with above. To look at anything on the screen zoom is better. For good quality photography pro is better.

As soon as you mentioned Real Estate I thought Pro, as I read roof inspection, I thought Zoom... The Zoom has an excellent video if your good around filter and settings.So when I look at the overall picture I think Zoom.....

For the roof inspection, I would go with the Enterprise. The thermal will help you determine if there is a leak in the roof treatment.

Thermal ability would be an asset..

Just to add.. For getting good closeups of rooftops, the 'Zoom' based Enterprise model has 6X lossless digital zoom (2X optical 3X digital). as opposed to 4X on the non-Enterprise Zoom.

Reactions: Ansia
to be honest, parrot anafi for inspections may be way more convenient to use as it can look straight up - mavics cannot do that.

M2P has a far superior camera. Forget about the zoom, if you need to zoom then just fly in closer.

That’s why I bought the pro...

Inspected my roof and solar panels. Have a screen mesh around the panels and it’s hard to see them in a 2 floor house.

Used 4K HQ mode to do a video inspection from about 4-5 feet away. Then saw some areas of interest and took pictures... worked out very well...

Reactions: bliksem
You can also zoom with the FLIR camera, not with the M2E.
Huh?

M2E Camera
  • Sensor
  • 1/2.3” CMOS;
    Effective pixels:12 Megapixels
  • Lens
  • FOV:82.6°(24 mm);47.8°(48 mm)
    Format equivalent:24-48 mm
    Aperture:f/2.8(24 mm)-f/3.8(48 mm)
    Auto focus at :0.5 - ∞

If you paid tax on Amazon, one benefit of buying from the DJI Store is that your purchase will be tax free. DJI will also give you a 1% credit of the total purchase price toward a future purchase in the DJI Store.
It's not sales tax free. It's sales tax included.
Big difference. Price is the same, but you won't have to pay a Use Tax, as you are otherwise required to do, on your state income tax return, if you bought from Amazon and didn't pay sales tax, because DJI pays the sales tax for you.

That is the normal camera, not flir and hello G_G.
Yes, which is why I was puzzled by your post above, stating,
"You can also zoom with the FLIR camera, not with the M2E."
I'm sure you just transposed what you meant.
The M2ED (FLIR) has a visual camera similar to the M2Z, but no zoom, while the regular M2E has 2x optical and 3x digital zoom. Oh, and hello to you, too!

Yes, which is why I was puzzled by your post above, stating,
"You can also zoom with the FLIR camera, not with the M2E."
I'm sure you just transposed what you meant.
The M2ED (FLIR) has a visual camera similar to the M2Z, but no zoom, while the regular M2E has 2x optical and 3x digital zoom. Oh, and hello to you, too!
I was referring to the Anafi Thermal. You can zoom with their FLIR camera. On the M2E, it's fixed.

I was referring to the Anafi Thermal. You can zoom with their FLIR camera. On the M2E, it's fixed.
Thanks for the clarification! I missed that it was in response to an Anafi post! Confusion resolved, and Anafi FLIR feature emphasized, but to avoid any further confusion, it's only fixed on the M2ED, not the M2E.

Thanks for the clarification! I missed that it was in response to an Anafi post! Confusion resolved, and Anafi FLIR feature emphasized, but to avoid any further confusion, it's only fixed on the M2ED, not the M2E.
The M2E doesn't have a FLIR, you are correct there. That being said, on the M2ED's normal camera, it does have zoom, just the FLIR camera who is fixed.

The M2E doesn't have a FLIR, you are correct there. That being said, on the M2ED's normal camera, it does have zoom, just the FLIR camera who is fixed.
Unfortunately, the latter statement is not correct. There is no zoom on either of the M2ED cameras. See the comparison chart below under the Dynamic Zoom section.
1565353506084.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure