DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P Panoramas curving straight lines?

Really imrpessed by the smooth gradient of the sky.
The real issue I am exepriencing when stitching with PTGUI is the sky that shows darker areas between each image in the sky. I have tried to correct it using the vignet correction tool in PTGUI, also tried to edit each single image sky area exposure in th dng files, but at the end I could only limit the issute but not solving it 100%.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thank you
Piero

Here are a couple of examples:
693-73a-X3.jpg

949-67AAA-X3.jpg

cieloerror.jpg

The real issue I am exepriencing when stitching with PTGUI is the sky that shows darker areas between each image in the sky. I have tried to correct it using the vignet correction tool in PTGUI, also tried to edit each single image sky area exposure in th dng files, but at the end I could only limit the issute but not solving it 100%.
You are shooting in full manual exposure mode?

With a solid blue as you have the problem is very common with ptgui and it most often will create the dark areas where the images meet. You might try one of the other blending options in ptgui or a different stitcher. Lightroom or CC sometimes can get around this problem with their pano software. Microsoft ice might actually work too if you are not on a Mac and can find a download of it still.

Odds are you have slight differences in either the shades of blue or exposure between the segments and this causes ptgui to have problems.

I hate trying to stitch a pure blue sky and prefer a few clouds of scene allows them.

Paul

Really imrpessed by the smooth gradient of the sky.
Thank you
Piero

cieloerror.jpg
Shoot in JPEG mode, not RAW.

The problem you're having is correcting the camera's vignette, and obviously all the settings you've tried haven't solved the problem for you. I had the same problem until one day I accidentally saved the panorama component images as JPEGs rather than DNGs. I kicked myself, stitched the panorama anyway and was (pleasantly) surprised that I no longer had banding.

Whatever processing DJI applies to correct for vignetting and barrel distortion, it is obviously a lot better than anything I've been able to manage myself. So now I save panorama images as JPEG, all others a RAW+JPEG, and only use the DNG files when the JPEG images aren't satisfactory.

Reactions: Panair and Meta4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78