DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P Photos From Iceland

If you continue to share your beautiful pics its never "babble". Great general information too. Thanks.
I think you would enjoy New Zealand too, but same no fly zones creeping in but still heaps of free scenic spaces.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
If you continue to share your beautiful pics its never "babble". Great general information too. Thanks.
I think you would enjoy New Zealand too, but same no fly zones creeping in but still heaps of free scenic spaces.

Thanks - I am actually going to New Zealand for 3 weeks pretty soon here in November, so I hope to get plenty of drone photos where possible/legal.

Slowly going through my photos from my recent trip to Iceland (May). I thought you guys might be tired of me blabbing all the time and might actually want to see some drone photos :D . It was illegal to fly in most of the popular/postcard spots but there were still lots of other nice places:

i-wLR9Rtn-XL.jpg

i-RxHwz4G-XL.jpg

DJI_0305-sharpen-sharpen-XL.jpg

i-q4JTMrg-XL.jpg

DJI_0313-XL.jpg

i-M8GBLt8-XL.jpg
A stunning set of photos!

Slowly going through my photos from my recent trip to Iceland (May). I thought you guys might be tired of me blabbing all the time and might actually want to see some drone photos :D . It was illegal to fly in most of the popular/postcard spots but there were still lots of other nice places:

i-wLR9Rtn-XL.jpg

i-RxHwz4G-XL.jpg

i-q4JTMrg-XL.jpg

DJI_0313-XL.jpg

i-M8GBLt8-XL.jpg
My favorite is the one with the boats. How do you get the camera to look straight down?

My favorite is the one with the boats. How do you get the camera to look straight down?

Glad you like it. Most drones these days allow you to point the camera straight down (90 degrees) - I believe all of DJI's drones allow this except the Spark which is close but not quite straight down (85 degrees). With the Smart Controller on the Mavic 2 Pro I have one of the buttons set to automatically point the camera straight down with one touch so it makes it very convenient to quickly grab a shot like that, and one more press of the same button returns the camera to it's normal horizontal position.

Amazing photos! Do you remember what exact ND filter you used? I'm trying to figure out if I should buy the ND128, ND256, or ND1000. Or all three.....

Amazing photos! Do you remember what exact ND filter you used? I'm trying to figure out if I should buy the ND128, ND256, or ND1000. Or all three.....

Thanks!

You likely won't need anything even close to that strong even to blur the water - 1/10th or so shutter is more than enough in most cases, especially for fast moving water. The blue waterfall I posted is at 1/13sec. I used a ND4 and ND8 most of the time, and a ND16 a couple of times in bright sun. That is with F4 and ISO100 for stills and the same with 1/60-1/100 for video. I had a ND32 and ND64 with me and did not even take them out of my bag.

Also remember with the variable aperture, F4 is best but F2.8-F5.6 is an acceptable range for a lot of people, and that flexibility gives you the exact same effect as 3 different ND filters. For example if your exposure is set for F4, ISO 100, 1/60 and a ND8, dropping to F2.8 is the same as if you had a ND4 and stopping down to F5.6 is the same exposure as if you had a ND16, all else equal.

i-wLR9Rtn-XL.jpg

i-RxHwz4G-XL.jpg

i-q4JTMrg-XL.jpg

DJI_0313-XL.jpg

i-M8GBLt8-XL.jpg
Great!

Thanks!

You likely won't need anything even close to that strong even to blur the water - 1/10th or so shutter is more than enough in most cases, especially for fast moving water. The blue waterfall I posted is at 1/13sec. I used a ND4 and ND8 most of the time, and a ND16 a couple of times in bright sun. That is with F4 and ISO100 for stills and the same with 1/60-1/100 for video. I had a ND32 and ND64 with me and did not even take them out of my bag.

Also remember with the variable aperture, F4 is best but F2.8-F5.6 is an acceptable range for a lot of people, and that flexibility gives you the exact same effect as 3 different ND filters. For example if your exposure is set for F4, ISO 100, 1/60 and a ND8, dropping to F2.8 is the same as if you had a ND4 and stopping down to F5.6 is the same exposure as if you had a ND16, all else equal.

Thanks for the great info! I almost forgot that we can change the aperture on the M2P!

Wow waterfall pic is beautiful, did you do anything in post to help the motion blur of the water? Trying to aim for a similar effect except with car lights at night.

Wow waterfall pic is beautiful, did you do anything in post to help the motion blur of the water? Trying to aim for a similar effect except with car lights at night.

Thanks!

Nothing in post, no - the motion blur on the water is 100% just the slow shutter speed used (in that case 1/13 sec). The water is moving pretty fast so you don't need too long of an exposure to get the desired effect.

With cars, you usually need a bit longer exposure unless they are moving really fast - and the further you are away from them, the longer the shutter speed you will need to blur them. I am assuming you want that effect where the cars basically become red/white light strips down the road.

Reactions: ssingh24
Thanks!

Nothing in post, no - the motion blur on the water is 100% just the slow shutter speed used (in that case 1/13 sec). The water is moving pretty fast so you don't need too long of an exposure to get the desired effect.

With cars, you usually need a bit longer exposure unless they are moving really fast - and the further you are away from them, the longer the shutter speed you will need to blur them. I am assuming you want that effect where the cars basically become red/white light strips down the road.
This kind of blur on traffic requires at least 3-4 second exposure in my experience.

Reactions: Latawiec
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman