DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P Precision Landing is gone?

Whenever I start my M2P (smart controller) I do not see an auto-takeoff button. Instead, there is an autolanding button. (I know, doesn’t make sense.) I don’t remember if it started out this way, but it’s been this way for at least 8 months.

i start with CSC. Is that the problem? Is the auto takeoff there before that? I flew today and noticed the auto landing on startup but didn’t look at it before the CSC.
When you take off using the CSC method the auto take-off is automatically disabled. It will only show the auto-landing icon. Try powering up your drone and controller without using the CSC command. The auto take-off icon should be visible.

It works !!!!!!! the trick is as soon as I took off accent 14-18 feet and hover there 10 seconds. Now works every time if I do that.
Thank everybody for your help.
10 seconds??

Nope, I did my own research because everybody says something different...

The ONLY thing you have to do is start straight up, you don't need to hover! Just climb up, max 50% speed, and when you reached, let's say, about 10 feet, just fly away. I tested it many times, it always worked!
If I started the drone and move up and forward immediately, the drone had no chance to see where its starting, kinda obvious right?!

So just start in a "relaxed" way straight up and you are fine. Hovering for many seconds is a waste of time

Last edited:
Reactions: crlmjohnson
Thanks for your input and welcome to the forum.

Sometimes it works even if the craft rises up to a relatively low altitude before flying off. 1.8 m in this case :

10 seconds??

Nope, I did my own research because everybody says something different...

The ONLY thing you have to do is start straight up, you don't need to hover! Just climb up, max 50% speed, and when you reached, let's say, about 10 feet, just fly away. I tested it many times, it always worked!
If I started the drone and move up and forward immediately, the drone had no chance to see where its starting, kinda obvious right?!

So just start in a "relaxed" way straight up and you are fine. Hovering for many seconds is a waste of time
I agree with you it works. but one of the other reasons that I do not just take off, and I hover is to check and make sure that everything is ok with the drone. No surprise status messages popping up on the display from the drone, also to check the sound of the blades / motors that everything is looking and sounding ok to the best of my knowledge of the drone.

I agree with you it works. but one of the other reasons that I do not just take off, and I hover is to check and make sure that everything is ok with the drone. No surprise status messages popping up on the display from the drone, also to check the sound of the blades / motors that everything is looking and sounding ok to the best of my knowledge of the drone.

Sure, I do the same, because I'm still fascinated buy a drone just hovering in front of me.
Still, has nothing to do with precision landing ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky