DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P Props Lifespan

Reactions
Howdy all...just curious if there is a “lifespan” for M2P props...aside from becoming nicked or cracked or whatever, is there some number of flight hours you swap yours out for new at? Also, anybody that has experienced prop failure, what is the most common reason? Cracked blade, attach-point breaking, etc? Thanks in advance for any answers.
DO
Cloudy Coast Photography

there is no specific lifespan for your props, regular inspections will reveal any damage ,its really up to the individual pilot if they want to change them at a set interval, its all down to where you fly and whether you hit anything that could damage them

If you have extra new props, those can be used as a comparison against the ones on the aircraft. If they seems to match in respect to tolerances, they certainly would be useable. Hinge pin and lock mechanism would be the two failure points to watch for.

Reactions: DanaMc
I change mine frequently, usually about every 40 hrs flight time I would say. More often if I do any tree or grass trimming. I swear by Master screw props.

Reactions: CarlsbadAL
I changed mine recently in favour of carbon fibre ones, otherwise they were fine after 2 years of flying.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada