DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2Z hovers at 3.9 meters and wont let me fly.

Fredinhidef

Reactions
When I "slide to takeoff" the mavic 2 zoom goes to 3.9 meters and just hovers...it even says "slide to take of and will go to 3.9 meters and hover" I have tried normal mode tripod mode and sport mode...fully charged all batteries...I have looked at other forums and cant find anything...I do not want to call dji customer service so I am hoping that someone can help me....also I am using alientech 5.8 antenna booster i live in florida and I removed NFZ but not that it matters because I am flying at a place that I have flown many times before with no problem..I have also tried flying at other spots to see if that would change anything and it does not help...no matter where I go and no matter what mode I start in the drone just goes to 3.9M and hovers.

Any messages or alerts displayed when trying to fly?
Can you CSC start motors and then take off?

When I "slide to takeoff" the mavic 2 zoom goes to 3.9 meters and just hovers...it even says "slide to take of and will go to 3.9 meters and hover" I have tried normal mode tripod mode and sport mode...fully charged all batteries...I have looked at other forums and cant find anything...I do not want to call dji customer service so I am hoping that someone can help me....also I am using alientech 5.8 antenna booster i live in florida and I removed NFZ but not that it matters because I am flying at a place that I have flown many times before with no problem..I have also tried flying at other spots to see if that would change anything and it does not help...no matter where I go and no matter what mode I start in the drone just goes to 3.9M and hovers.
stuck at 12ft - means you are not in the gps mode, perhaps? it is a limit of the video stabilization. if you took out NFZ with NLD program - check what else you did, and you also can activate ATTI mode, find the thread here. also checck for beginners mode to be off and intelligent modes to be turn on in settings, usual stuff after the firmware re-flash.

i would not recommend using .100 firmware, frankly, but, it is your choice and your money.

Reactions: Elblasco
Even if there's a height limitation due to being in VPS mode, he still should be able to move laterally. But then it isn't clear what his full problem is.

stuck at 12ft - means you are not in the gps mode, perhaps? it is a limit of the video stabilization. if you took out NFZ with NLD program - check what else you did, and you also can activate ATTI mode, find the thread here. also checck for beginners mode to be off and intelligent modes to be turn on in settings, usual stuff after the firmware re-flash.

i would not recommend using .100 firmware, frankly, but, it is your choice and your money.

I have not tried anything yet but I will tomorrow morning. I did check beginner mode and intelligent mode and I set every thing back to default with the exception of NFZ so tomorrow I will set everything back to factory settings including NFZ and see what happens

curious to know why you would not reflash back to .100

I have not tried anything yet but I will tomorrow morning. I did check beginner mode and intelligent mode and I set every thing back to default with the exception of NFZ so tomorrow I will set everything back to factory settings including NFZ and see what happens

curious to know why you would not reflash back to .100
first of all - if you decvide to flash to .400 - make sure you use NLD tool for that, or it will not let you to downgrade back.
as of .100 - i had odd issues with it. in my case after downgrade to .100 whole visual stabilization system went into solid red status, and i tried to reflash it twice. also, as i have those drones for a while i remember it had some oddities during flight when it was on that initial firmware, so, i do not think i would use it, but, some other folks use it - so, it is your choice.
i think .100 is fine while you maintain full visual control and have a capability to quickly switch drone to ATTI mode. but i do not advice to let it go flying autonomously too far on that firmware.
also, the whole NFZ thing - unless you are the pro operator who gets all proper authorizations and simply wants to suppress drone`s behavior - which you are not, i presume, it would be better to abide the law and not getting into troubles with bypassing NFZ, as cops are getting well educated on that matter. it is not really worth it.

When I "slide to takeoff" the mavic 2 zoom goes to 3.9 meters and just hovers...it even says "slide to take of and will go to 3.9 meters and hover"I have also tried flying at other spots to see if that would change anything and it does not help...no matter where I go and no matter what mode I start in the drone just goes to 3.9M and hovers.
Your details are sketchy but being stuck at that height sounds a lot like a GPS issue.
Are out in the open with a clear view of the sky?
Page 57 of the manual has the relevant details:
Height is restricted to 16 ft (5 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is activated.
Height is restricted to 98 ft (30 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is inactivated.
If this is not the explanation, a look at your recorded flight data is the next step to find out what the problem is.

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica