DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2Z yawing during zoom?

wailermon

Reactions
Question for the group . . . I have a lot of time in the air with both the M2P and the M2Z. Yesterday while flying the M2Z I noticed that when I rotate the zoom wheel on the front of the controller that the aircraft would ALSO yaw in the direction the wheel was being moved as it also zoomed in or out. It continued to yaw in the direction I was pushing the wheel even after it had finished zooming in or out. It has never done this before. I'm not sure if this is a feature I accidentally activated by pushing another button (C1?, C2?), but I was not holding any other buttons down or pushing the yaw stick. I noticed the aircraft continued to yaw in the direction I was pushing the wheel even after the camera had zoomed all the way in or out. Anyone else experience this with the M2Z? How can I get it to zoom straight in at the subject without the yawing the aircraft?

Hi
Funny you should say that .
I was flying my m2z yesterday .
I was in tripod mode gradually ascending up to 100m to take some photos of a not so good sunset and I had a similar experience , although it was quite subtle and at the time I put it down to new drone syndrome .
Due to real bad weather I’m grounded for a few days , so I can’t try it again to see if it was NDS or a fault with my equipment.

I flew again yesterday and everything was normal. No yaw when zooming in or out. Glad you mentioned Tripod mode. I had used that (and may have been in that mode when it occurred). I almost NEVER use tripod mode. I will try that next time, and see if it does it when in Tripod mode. Really weird if it does. I will try moving the same wheel left and right on my M2P as well, while in Tripod mode and see if it yaws the bird. Tripod Mode may hold the key to this mystery!

I flew again yesterday and everything was normal. No yaw when zooming in or out. Glad you mentioned Tripod mode. I had used that (and may have been in that mode when it occurred). I almost NEVER use tripod mode. I will try that next time, and see if it does it when in Tripod mode. Really weird if it does. I will try moving the same wheel left and right on my M2P as well, while in Tripod mode and see if it yaws the bird. Tripod Mode may hold the key to this mystery!
Hey thanks for your reply .
That’s good news that you can’t repeat the oddness with the zoom .
It would be interesting to hear if it happens again and once you try out your M2P .
As soon as the weather here improves I’ll be out and try to duplicate my previous flight and hopefully the mysterious bug has either died or left for better conditions elsewhere.
Well it’s good talking with you and I’ll let you know the results of my experimental flight .
Thanks again Wailermon and happy flying to you .
A

Hey thanks for your reply .
That’s good news that you can’t repeat the oddness with the zoom .
It would be interesting to hear if it happens again and once you try out your M2P .
As soon as the weather here improves I’ll be out and try to duplicate my previous flight and hopefully the mysterious bug has either died or left for better conditions elsewhere.
Well it’s good talking with you and I’ll let you know the results of my experimental flight .
Thanks again Wailermon and happy flying to you .
A

Sorry to say but the problem will return. I was hoping someone had the answer.

Revisiting this because my zoom is doing the same thing.
Has anyone found a reason or solution.
Mine is doing it both in tripod and P mode.

Okay. I don’t know what the problem is. But i have 3 M2s with 2 controllers for each (for operations that are best served by 2 technicians per drone). I just paired another controller and there are zero issues.
Must be something goofy in the controller.

Hi, I am having this same issue the Mavic2 Zoom yaw`s when i turn the zoom wheel on the controller , is there some thing that can be done to stop this ?, i have upto date firm wear Thanks ...

Answer

Hi, I am having this same issue the Mavic2 Zoom yaw`s when i turn the zoom wheel on the controller , is there some thing that can be done to stop this ?, i have upto date firm wear Thanks ...

Answer
Is there Nobody else having this problem or able to suggest anything to resolve it ( anybody from DJI want to help )

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121