DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3 Poor Video Transmission Quality

flippnbits

Reactions
I have a Mavic 3 with the stock controller. I'm using an iPad mini 4. I'm getting terrible video transmission quality. There is pixelation, ghosting and very high latency in the camera feed to my tablet. Practically unusable. I have been using the same tablet with DJI go 4 with my Phantom 4...video feed is excellent. The tablet is on the compatibility list.

Is anyone else using this combination? Or having the same problems.

What range are you starting to see it? What is the landscape you are flying?

I fly with a s20 phone so cant comment on the tablet but I can say the range seems better than an Air2 (still occusync). I also fly lot of flat land but also up over big 75-100 foot pines. While keeping VLOS I fly quite far out as well.

Reactions: flippnbits
I see the breakup immediately and at distance. 20 ft - 300 ft.

Attachments

• PXL_20211118_223824879.jpg
    PXL_20211118_223824879.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 23
I see the breakup immediately and at distance. 20 ft - 300 ft.
If you plug a phone in do you get the same result? That's not right so something is either wrong with the tablet or the drone.

Or you sitting next to a tower on the frequency's the drone uses which is unlikely since it adjusts.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
you should try a different monitor.

I have a ipad mini 5, --- images are not that great.

I have Crystal sky 7 ultra and a tripltek tablet 7 - these two are outstanding.

I will say also try a different cable just in case. But that sounds like you have a very heavy interference.

If you plug a phone in do you get the same result? That's not right so something is either wrong with the tablet or the drone.

Or you sitting next to a tower on the frequency's the drone uses which is unlikely since it adjusts.
Or he has a neighbor with illegal equipment that breaks the FCC regulations and is causing the interference.

This has happened at two different locations. So I don't feel like it's an interference issue. Unfortunately this is the only compatible device that I have.

The Mini 4 is just on the edge of compatibility with the Fly app. Lots of people have gotten the "CPU overload" warning with it. The Fly app is a major resource hog so I would imagine with the Mavic 3, there would be more processor taxing.

The issue may be moot for me. I am expecting the RC PRO to arrive on Monday. I will report back if that solves the issue. If not, I may have to send the M3 back for a replacement. :rolleyes:

The issue may be moot for me. I am expecting the RC PRO to arrive on Monday. I will report back if that solves the issue. If not, I may have to send the M3 back for a replacement. :rolleyes:
No is not. You can go really far with that stock RC1.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa