DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3 slow / laggy video feed delay NOT SD CARD, drone unusable

OurAngryBadger

Reactions
Video feed on the app is choppy, and when I make any movements, there's about a 5 to 8 second visual delay. Completely unflyable. I disabled cache to phone, no help.

I'm on an S22 Ultra, so phone should be quick enough to keep up, literally the fastest phone out right now that's not an iPhone. All apps closed, android battery optimizer turned off, phone restarted, no help. Still laggy. SD card is a brand new SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB, V30 card, should be fast enough and it's the one that DJI sold with the drone. And it does this lag even when the SD card isn't in it.

App says RC transmission is at 5 full bars. This happens even when she is 3 feet from me. Location doesn't matter, tried in different spots miles apart, so it's not interference unless there's some weird magnetic storm going on or solar flare.

I was having these issues last week, but not as badly, there was no delay, only choppy video, and turning off battery optimizer helped it. (got the drone last week). This is my 2nd day using it, it has suffered no damage.

I feel like it's an issue with my phone, or the app, but I have no clue really my phone works fine for everything else and the app and firmwares are all updated.

Weird part is, when the drone is stationary hovering, the video is smooth as butter, but the second I press on the sticks to go, it starts the laggy and choppiness which seems like an issue with the drone itself.

It does this whether I'm set to 4K or 1080P video, and does it when it's not actively recording.

I'm at a loss. Anyone else having these issues?

@OurAngryBadger i dont have a mavic 3 myself but how does the ND filter fit onto the camera is it a clip on type or the sort that you have to remover the clear lens protector first and then replace it with the ND filter
to eliminate the filter from the equation remove it and see if the issue goes away sometimes the added weight of a filter can cause issues

Reactions: ssvdh66
Video feed on the app is choppy, and when I make any movements, there's about a 5 to 8 second visual delay. Completely unflyable. I disabled cache to phone, no help.

I'm on an S22 Ultra, so phone should be quick enough to keep up, literally the fastest phone out right now that's not an iPhone. All apps closed, android battery optimizer turned off, phone restarted, no help. Still laggy. SD card is a brand new SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB, V30 card, should be fast enough and it's the one that DJI sold with the drone. And it does this lag even when the SD card isn't in it.

App says RC transmission is at 5 full bars. This happens even when she is 3 feet from me. Location doesn't matter, tried in different spots miles apart, so it's not interference unless there's some weird magnetic storm going on or solar flare.

I was having these issues last week, but not as badly, there was no delay, only choppy video, and turning off battery optimizer helped it. (got the drone last week). This is my 2nd day using it, it has suffered no damage.

I feel like it's an issue with my phone, or the app, but I have no clue really my phone works fine for everything else and the app and firmwares are all updated.

Weird part is, when the drone is stationary hovering, the video is smooth as butter, but the second I press on the sticks to go, it starts the laggy and choppiness which seems like an issue with the drone itself.

It does this whether I'm set to 4K or 1080P video, and does it when it's not actively recording.

I've heard that this could be due to chipset of S22 ultra. Snapdragon or Exynos. Try other smartphone to elimenate this option

@OurAngryBadger i dont have a mavic 3 myself but how does the ND filter fit onto the camera is it a clip on type or the sort that you have to remover the clear lens protector first and then replace it with the ND filter
to eliminate the filter from the equation remove it and see if the issue goes away sometimes the added weight of a filter can cause issues
It's just like the mavic 2, you twist off the clear lens and put the Nd filter in its place

Perhaps try another phone or tablet device? I've used my 4yr old iphone and it works fine..

I know your confident that its not the SD card, but its likely the SD card try switching that out with another one. That would make more sense than the Phone , as i am using a One Plus and it works fine and that is off the beaten path.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Does not sound good. Have you tried a different cable

I have used both my iPhone 10R and my TriplTek Pro8 and haven’t seen this lag. I am one update behind on FW. When I update I will let you know if this lag comes with that.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
I know your confident that its not the SD card, but its likely the SD card try switching that out with another one. That would make more sense than the Phone , as i am using a One Plus and it works fine and that is off the beaten path.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
He said it does it with or with the SD Card installed,

I have a New RC Pro Smart Controller with 2 flights, and a couple of nice Ipads that i am going to be posting up for sale soon. Send me a message if your interested.

The S22 Ultra is not on DJI's list of compatible devices for the Fly app yet - this info is clearly written on their website as well as the app description. The phone's speed has nothing to do with it as much older phones are supported. It probably has more to do with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 CPU (which was a major update from the outgoing CPU) and DJI not supporting it just yet. Some people seem to have it working but I would never user an unsupported device to fly my $3000 drone regardless.

Either try a device that DJI currently supports, or the RC Pro and I suspect you will have no problems.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Make sure you enable USB debugging in the advanced settings on your phone as well - that gets a lot of people.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS