DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3 with a few issues

Meta4

Reactions
I thought I'd try a Mavic 3 despite my misgivings about the new model.
I hoped the image quality and flight time might be good enough to make up for some of the negatives.
I bought direct from DJI which meant I had to wait too long for delivery.
It's arrived today and has a few issues.
i-vsWmTdt-X2.jpg

And restarting doesn't change anything.
I was hoping to do a test flight today, but so far all I've found out is that I cannot remove the SD card without using tweezers.

Ouch...

Tweezers are a pretty much a requirement with several DJI products.
I think the folks across the ocean just have very small fingers and transfer that aspect to the design teams.
I’m not regretting my decision to refrain from the M3 as I continue to see and read about the numerous issues people are contending with. Doesn’t look like yours will be a return problem based on that screen.
Hope you get it solved.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I hoped the image quality and flight time might be good enough to make up for some of the negatives.
i-vsWmTdt-X2.jpg

I was hoping to do a test flight today, but so far all I've found out is that I cannot remove the SD card without using tweezers.
That one about missing parts is a doozy!

While I can’t help with all of the errors; I have found something that helps with SD removal, perhaps you are already doing this.

If you remove the battery the card slot is much more accessible.

I find having to orient the micro card label side down kind of odd though.

Reactions: Coskier and maggior
Yeah that's perplexing, sorry to hear your experince. I doubt it went down assembly line and they just forgot to install parts. Anyone who purchases alot electronics will have heard the term DOA at some point.

Reactions: Campin123
First mistake was buying directly from DJI , its much smarter to purchase from Best Buy or Amazon as the quality control is much better for those products shipped out as is the Return process..

This might be the Only time I get to say you made a mistake . :p

Phantomrain.org
gear to fly your M3 in the rain.

Last edited:
i-vsWmTdt-X2.jpg

Thats our luck holly what a lemon hope they get you squared away fast.

Wow! After waiting and finally getting it and then this - what a let down. So sorry to hear about your misfortune, I hope you get it all sorted soon.

Once you get everything sorted, I would be really interested to hear your impressions especially on the photography end as I am long, long overdue for an upgrade and have been leaning to the M3 over the A2S.

Chris

Oh my, that is certainly not encouraging!! It powered up, so you have that going for you. :D

I'd be putting that guy right back in the box ready to ship back.

First mistake was buying directly from DJI , its much smarter to purchase from Best Buy or Amazon as the quality control is much better for those products shipped out as is the Return process..

This might be the Only time I get to say you made a mistake . :p

Phantomrain.org
gear to fly your M3 in the rain.
I was wondering the same thing, if there was any differences with the product (Mavic 3) between ordering from Amazon of DJI directly? Is that just your opinion that the quality control is much better with Best Buy or Amazon? I do know for a fact that the returns are much easier through Amazon.

Last edited:
i-vsWmTdt-X2.jpg

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

"Missing parts" is an extremely ominous error message.

Reactions: Meta4
I was wondering the same thing about ordering from Amazon of DJI directly. Is that just your opinion that the quality control is much better with Besy Buy or Amazon?
There is Zero Benefit to ordering from DJI : Both Amazon and Best Buy use some kind of Metrics to determine product placement and shelf life so there not going to send out drones over seas and on to the shelves without quality control .

I have purchased two M3 one from Amazon and 1 From DJI and Amazon shipped quick and I cancelled DJI after waiting weeks for the second one.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your M3 in the Rain. Land on the Water.

i-vsWmTdt-X2.jpg

I had to used tweezers

There is Zero Benefit to ordering from DJI : Both Amazon and Best Buy use some kind of Metrics to determine product placement and shelf life so there not going to send out drones over seas and on to the shelves without quality control .

I have purchased two M3 one from Amazon and 1 From DJI and Amazon shipped quick and I cancelled DJI after waiting weeks for the second one.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your M3 in the Rain. Land on the Water.
It seems like Amazon would order in mass quantities from DJI directly from the same warehouse or whatever that an single consumer would? Or does Amazon get DJI drones from another vendor and open every box to add additional quality control? I am just trying to get a difinitive answer to the difference between ordering a Mavic 3 from Amazon or DJI direct.

I have ordered all of dji drones from dji. I have never had an issue with any of them.

Sorry but I cant resist re-posting this video... but imagining is a M3.

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
It seems like Amazon would order in mass quantities from DJI directly from the same warehouse or whatever that an single consumer would? Or does Amazon get DJI drones from another vendor and open every box to add additional quality control? I am just trying to get a definitive answer to the difference between ordering a Mavic 3 from Amazon or DJI direct.
Let me explain it this way: Amazon no matter what company you are has Metrics these metrics apply to everyone . If the Return ratio exceeds a % percentage amount, you will be suspended for periods of time until those metrics come back up.

Thus packages sent to them , get a little more love and care.

Apple once got on the bad side of amazon and they were gone for awhile . Thus Metrics play a big bad role in US suppliers where as DJI does not care about Metrics , they do not care if you want to return, but they will do it all on there own sweet time with lots of and emails and time lost , which you can enjoy if you wish. Zeus here is going thu it now with DJI ..

Where as Zeus and I will be back at the nearest Dime Store getting A new M3 Replaced within days. Despite the better quality control that DJI ships to Amazon we still buy two of everything . Take the best fruit from the tree..

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your M3 in the Rain. Land on the Water

Sorry but I cant resist re-posting this video... but imagining is a M3.
I am getting very close to my Return Date with Amazon but I sure wish one of the super youtubers would blow it up video and send it to DJI , I fear it coming.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev