DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3 Zoom isn't fluid???

It's not really zooming at all.
It's just cropping the image to show you smaller portions of it.
That's the nature of digital zoom.
you got that right! so many people are brain washed and this is a perfect example! It's Not a zoom! it's a Crop like you said!

They already have a fix. It's $1200. As to eliminating the "jump" there is literally only one way that can happen: Increase the 4/3rd Sensor digital zoom to 6.9x. It's going to look pretty horrible at that point, then suddenly sharpen when the TELE lens clicks in at its prime. (if I hear one more person calling it a zoom, I'm gonna zoom out the window on the 38th floor) They can do something good. Give us a switch 1x 4/3 and a 1x on the Tele lens, and just let us switch cameras. Everything else is less than stellar. Neither of these lens setups have any optical zoom. Just allow a switch and let each zoom digitally if desired. Trying to smoothly transition from one to the other while zooming is a huge waste of time and could never look anything but awful. This is my opinion of course, but seriously, the cameras are functionally so different, it cannot be possible to NOT be jarring when popping over to a way inferior imaging setup midstream.
That is a good idea, but what button will you use for that on the standard controller? That thing is about 5 additional buttons and a scroll wheel off from being any good for an advanced, I mean prosumer, user.

I don't mind the "jump," since I take it as it is, a gimmicky way to explore the surroundings. Like you mentioned, it's all digital zoom, so for any serious work, it's meh.

The January firmware update will eliminate the jump between cameras when zooming. This is confirmed to me by DJI.
Thanks for the info — that’s definitely good to know.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143