DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3E- Waypoints/ POI - No gimbal pitch option?

DaveR1977

Reactions
Greetings,

I am attempting to create a "Flight route" in Pilot 2. My goal is a repeatable video fly-around of a site for a progression time-lapse.

So far I have been able to:
  • Program the waypoints - They SAVE fine.
  • Set the "Yaw" to the POI - which it flies smoothly and flawlessly. FWIW: You MUST drop the POI in each time you load the flight route, it will not save it. I do not see any option to adjust the height of the POI.

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be an option to set "Gimbal pitch" to POI. The only options are: "Manual", or "For each waypoint". "Manual" is not ideal and "for each waypoint", locks the gimbal at 0 degrees (Or whatever was set).

Am I missing something?

And there is NO option for coupling waypoints and POI in Flight Hub 2. Don't get me started on that can-o-worms...

ANY adult supervision would be most appreciated.

Cheers.

Reactions: digitalrv
Greetings,

I am attempting to create a "Flight route" in Pilot 2. My goal is a repeatable video fly-around of a site for a progression time-lapse.

So far I have been able to:
  • Program the waypoints - They SAVE fine.
  • Set the "Yaw" to the POI - which it flies smoothly and flawlessly. FWIW: You MUST drop the POI in each time you load the flight route, it will not save it. I do not see any option to adjust the height of the POI.

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be an option to set "Gimbal pitch" to POI. The only options are: "Manual", or "For each waypoint". "Manual" is not ideal and "for each waypoint", locks the gimbal at 0 degrees (Or whatever was set).

Am I missing something?

And there is NO option for coupling waypoints and POI in Flight Hub 2. Don't get me started on that can-o-worms...

ANY adult supervision would be most appreciated.

Cheers.
Hello, i am finding the same! very frustrating.
in the pilot 2 app, POI can be added (only 1) and you can not set height.
in Flight Hub 2 i spent an hour trying to find out how to add a POI? no luck?

so, we know Drone Deploy can work with M3E, maybe i will use that...and soon Litchi will work so i can use that.

I'm after the ability to create missions and then later let other pilots access it and fly the same missions.
DD or Litchi look like better options, i was going to use the Pilot2 app and then transfer missions via micro USB but figured flight hub 2 would help, guess not...

I am having the same problem as well. Up until now, i used my M3E for mapping only and used waypoints on the M2P for site photos and video of flying the site.
with the M3E i can now use waypoints for getting the photos i want from week to week but not the video. Ill still need to use the M2P for that.
waypoints in the M3E are NOT user friendly. It just goes to show you that you DONT necessarily get what you pay for.….and just like everyone else, DJI is not in the business of making drones, they are in the business of making money.

I am having the same problem as well. Up until now, i used my M3E for mapping only and used waypoints on the M2P for site photos and video of flying the site.
with the M3E i can now use waypoints for getting the photos i want from week to week but not the video. Ill still need to use the M2P for that.
waypoints in the M3E are NOT user friendly. It just goes to show you that you DONT necessarily get what you pay for.….and just like everyone else, DJI is not in the business of making drones, they are in the business of making money.
waypoints in the M3E are NOT user friendly.

Too bad, it would have been an easy fix for them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1