DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3P DAT log file - upload from Mac?

ExEvo

Reactions
What are my options, if any, for uploading my Mini 3 Pro DAT logs to DJI when I don't have a smart phone or a Windows PC? I found a utility called DatCon which allegedly works on a Mac but having read the instructions even its installation is above my pay grade.

If by DatCon you mean DatCon Introduction
I do not think that will be of any use to you, I suspect it will be unable to read the DATs from the controller.
Even on a Windows machine it can not successfully read the encrypted FLY DATs from an android phone. (mini 2 DATs)

What are my options, if any, for uploading my Mini 3 Pro DAT logs to DJI when I don't have a smart phone or a Windows PC? I found a utility called DatCon which allegedly works on a Mac but having read the instructions even its installation is above my pay grade.
DatCon is used to analyze a nonencrypted .DAT. It doesn't retrieve a .DAT.

You'll need to use DJI Assistant 2 to retrieve the .DAT from the M3P. But, if you are running macOS version 11 or later then DJI Assistant 2 won't run on the Mac. Take a look here
DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic - Download Center - DJI

DatCon is used to analyze a nonencrypted .DAT. It doesn't retrieve a .DAT.

You'll need to use DJI Assistant 2 to retrieve the .DAT from the M3P. But, if you are running macOS version 11 or later then DJI Assistant 2 won't run on the Mac. Take a look here
DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic - Download Center - DJI
Thanks for the heads-up. DJI Assistant 2 is installed and running on my iMac (Os 10.13.6). I used it to retrieve my log files to my computer but couldn't see any option to upload to DJI's cloud (even though I have turned on syncing in my M3P settings). Did I miss a button?

Alternatively, I can upload to Dropbox if DJI can use it.

Assistant just gets you the files, no cloud or anything. If DJI wants that they'll ask you for them.

The DAT you get from the aircraft / Assistant is not the same thing as the one that is generated on the mobile device used while flying and that can get synced to DJI cloud. Usually the latter is used.

Don't understand the "no smartphone" situation since a mobile device is pretty much required to do anything, like flying...
Maybe clarify what the issue is in the first place.

Assistant just gets you the files, no cloud or anything. If DJI wants that they'll ask you for them.

The DAT you get from the aircraft / Assistant is not the same thing as the one that is generated on the mobile device used while flying and that can get synced to DJI cloud. Usually the latter is used.

Don't understand the "no smartphone" situation since a mobile device is pretty much required to do anything, like flying...
Maybe clarify what the issue is in the first place.
Thanks. The reason that I'm a Mini 3 Pro owner is because of its integral RC screen so no mobile phone needed. Thus, the only log files I have are the ones DJI Assistant sees on my RC.

DJI have just advised me to upload my logs to their server at Analysis but that is now reporting that it can't upload DAT files - or at least my DAT files - even when zipped.

because of its integral RC screen so no mobile phone needed.
Well the RC IS the "mobile phone" then, and works just the same as if the app was run on one. So the logs will be on it, it can be synced to the cloud etc...

Well the RC IS the "mobile phone" then, and works just the same as if the app was run on one. So the logs will be on it, it can be synced to the cloud etc...
I have enabled syncing on the RC but can't find an option to proactively upload a selected log from there.

There isn't a function to flag a single log, but if everything is synced DJI will have them all and probably just need to know the date/time of flight to look at the right one.

Of course if they asked for the assistant log then work with them to give them that.

Reactions: ExEvo
Thanks. The reason that I'm a Mini 3 Pro owner is because of its integral RC screen so no mobile phone needed. Thus, the only log files I have are the ones DJI Assistant sees on my RC.

DJI have just advised me to upload my logs to their server at Analysis but that is now reporting that it can't upload DAT files - or at least my DAT files - even when zipped.
Finally succeeded in uploading my logs to Analysis
Maybe I was trying to upload too many files at once before.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird