DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3Pro won't fly after FW upgrade

Reactions
Hey, Mini Pilots! So, I upgraded my FW and also the Fly Safe database this am on my M3Pro, and after the updates, I cannot perform a motor start (or, of course, takeoff.) The front status lights on the drone are blinking red (slow, not fast), so I am guessing that the drone perhaps thinks I am in a restricted flight zone? I don't believe I am, but, hey, been wrong many times before! I'm flying in Dollar Point, CA (last two days, same drone, previous firmware, no issues), and should be well outside the restricted zone for the Tahoe/Truckee Airport. Can anyone confirm that my guess is right that the drone thinks it's restricted? Attached are a couple of screenshots from DJI Fly, I don't see anything that suggests a zone restriction, but I'm unsure. If drone logs would be helpful, let me know and I can upload those, too. Thanks in advance for any help or education!

Rich

CD9F516F-8F5C-4535-96BE-B478100CD888_1_102_o.jpeg

EA814A60-C8FE-44CC-AFC7-F45439FAB35E_1_102_o.jpeg

AAB8C1D5-1DFC-4CC9-8E25-858425FB9B98_1_102_o.jpeg

Reactions: SmilingOgre
This seems to illustrate that the latest firmware update has hard-written the requirement that the drone has to check for the current flysafe map before it can be flown. All well and good in an area that has cell coverage, but what happens if the area to be flown is in one of the high number of cell signal black holes that still exist? You're stuffed, that's what happens

This seems to illustrate that the latest firmware update has hard-written the requirement that the drone has to check for the current flysafe map before it can be flown. All well and good in an area that has cell coverage, but what happens if the area to be flown is in one of the high number of cell signal black holes that still exist? You're stuffed, that's what happens
How so? The OP had updated the FlySafe database. Those "Check for Updates" links are always present, even immediately after installing updates.

You have a good point about being caught out without cell coverage. This is a good reminder to me to check for updates and cache map and satellite imagery at home before heading out to fly.

How so? The OP had updated the FlySafe database. Those "Check for Updates" links are always present, even immediately after installing updates.

You have a good point about being caught out without cell coverage. This is a good reminder to me to check for updates and cache map and satellite imagery at home before heading out to fly.
The response was geared towards GB and Europe - here, almost 18 months ago, the EU (working group EUROCAE ED-269) determined that at some point in the near future, there will be a legal requirement for DJI to switch from its own Flysafe geofencing model and adopt a pan-European GZM (Geo Zone Map) where all restrictions are solely determined by them. Part of the same legislation also stipulates that DJI introduces mandatory firmware forcing the drone to connect to a server EVERY time it is booted up in order to download the current version of that geo-restriction map. If the drone does not, or cannot connect to the server: the motors won't spin up.

WHOAH... has that server connection requirement been implemented?

What is the authority's response to situations where there is no cell coverage? Pound sand? Tough? Middle finger?

Yeah that does seem draconian. They may be assuming that people will have access to phones with hotspot ability.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne