DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA1 vs. MA2 – A Practical Comparison

Ya I know, but actually I meant if my s10+ will be compatible with go 4 app. I heard some do and some don't. Guess I'll see soon enough.

Interesting, I've got a Note 10+ and never had any issues with DJI Go 4. Where did you read that some don't work? There's usually a post pops up on here now and then that claims Go 4 works better with Apple than Android, but no one is ever able to provide actual evidence of that.

Reactions: Ztopgun28
So I've been eyeing my first, serious drone for a couple months, but held off on pulling the trigger because of all the rumors regarding MA2 upcoming release. Wondering what the practical difference will be between MA1 and MA2.

I understand the benefits of bigger battery. We're clear there.

ADS-B – I get what it does. What I don't understand is why I, as a consumer living in the US, would want to pay more for this feature, presumably? Not saying I'm against safety, but given that we seem to be in the "early days" of FAA drone regulations. Is this a feature worth buying?

Occusync 2 – I get this one as well. I guess my question would be, how bad is the MA1 wi-fi system in comparison? I live out in the suburbs, and don't envision flying the drone in dense urban areas with a lot of radio noise.

Thx.

I have the MA and will be getting the 2 for occusync 2.0 alone. Depending on where I fly the MA, my feed may cut out at 1600m or 800m and sometimes much less, and that’s with a range booster installed.

Reactions: IMHO1FWIW
"why mend what's not broken"

The infamous lament echoed by businesses and products about to be devastated by new market forces...blacksmiths, Detroit automakers (before the Japanese onslaught), Blockbuster, Barnes & Noble, Waldens, Kodak, IBM, Wang, Digital General, Digital Research, Novel, magazine publishers, shopping malls, manufacturers of CD players, CRTs, etc. etc. etc.

True but you missed a big one. Research In Motion aka blackberry.

Interesting, I've got a Note 10+ and never had any issues with DJI Go 4. Where did you read that some don't work? There's usually a post pops up on here now and then that claims Go 4 works better with Apple than Android, but no one is ever able to provide actual evidence of that.
Oh ok cool, and good to know. Here's the list I saw from DJI website....

Attachments

• 20200413_095943.jpg
    20200413_095943.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 51
I hate that it dropped so much and I didn’t know about the MA2 coming out. I just purchased the MA1 Fly more 30 days ago for $500 more from BB. No adjustment of course.,

Brutal. Well those of us selling out MA1s now have to expect to sell them for much less as well.

I found this in a very recent and seemingly legit site
AIR 2 UPGRADES FROM ORIGINAL AIR

Looks just like Mavic 2 in form smaller the then Mavic 2 but just slightly larger then the AIR, looks to be the color of the Mini
3 axis gimble with 1/2" sensor
Quick Release quiet props
Ocusync 2.0 ( I hope that means I can use it with my Smart Controller) (THIS IS A HUGE UPGRADE)
ADS-B
34 mins of flight time (ANOTHER HUGE UPGRADE)
$799.00 for the starter kit.

Last edited:
I found this in a very recent and seemingly legit site
AIR 2 UPGRADES FROM ORIGINAL AIR

Looks just like Mavic 2 in form smaller the then Mavic 2 but just slightly larger then the AIR, looks to be the color of the Mini
3 axis gimble with 1/2" sensor
Quick Release quiet props
Ocusync 2.0 ( I hope that means I can use it with my Smart Controller) (THIS IS A HUGE UPGRADE)
ADS-B
34 mins of flight time (ANOTHER HUGE UPGRADE)
$799.00 for the starter kit.

Yep it’s a big upgrade.

for me the new MA2 is in some ways a similar move ,as there was between the MP1 and the MPP
when the air first came out it was an attempt to have a different look to the mavic line up
but apart from the camera its biggest failings were lack of occusync and flight time
with this new version,it would seem that a lot of the shortcomings have been addressed
and it has gone back to the classic mavic shape, its the same with the MM, it could have had a radical new look ,but it is instantly recognised as a DJI drone from the mavic family
the mavics have proved themselves as some of the best consumer drones in the world so why mend whats not broken
I agree and surely the features and capabilities of any drone massively outweigh any cosmetics.

I’m a very casual MA1 owner. The OcuSync sounds great, the extended flight time meh. Honestly how many casual users need that? I mean 34 minute flight time, minus the safe zone, you’re looking at roughly 12-14 minutes out and 12-14 minutes back...how many non-pro owners actually fly that long?

I’m a very casual MA1 owner. The OcuSync sounds great, the extended flight time meh. Honestly how many casual users need that? I mean 34 minute flight time, minus the safe zone, you’re looking at roughly 12-14 minutes out and 12-14 minutes back...how many non-pro owners actually fly that long?

I actually do. If you go on vacations you never when you’ll need it.

Reactions: Butterfly Copper
I actually do. If you go on vacations you never when you’ll need it.

I do go on vacations, I just don’t think I’ve ever needed the extra time/distance. Not worth the money when I have a perfectly good drone. If you do, great!

Occusync 2 – I get this one as well. I guess my question would be, how bad is the MA1 wi-fi system in comparison? I live out in the suburbs, and don't envision flying the drone in dense urban areas with a lot of

I don't know if it's exactly apples-to-apples, but I think the Mavic Air's WiFi was similar to the Spark. I have both the Mavic 2 Pro (Occusync) and the Spark (WiFI). It is PAINFUL switching back to the Spark. Constantly amazed how easily the WiFi signal gets blocked by a few trees, how choppy and pixelated the image can get at just a few hundred feet if not perfectly line of sight. I actually had both the controller and the Spark itself swapped out under Care Refresh allowing me to compare two complete Spark combinations, so I know it's not a case of a unlucky lemon. Occusync is magic by comparison, alleviates so much frustration. The addition of Occusync in the MA2 is very welcome!

I don't know if it's exactly apples-to-apples, but I think the Mavic Air's WiFi was similar to the Spark. I have both the Mavic 2 Pro (Occusync) and the Spark (WiFI). It is PAINFUL switching back to the Spark. Constantly amazed how easily the WiFi signal gets blocked by a few trees, how choppy and pixelated the image can get at just a few hundred feet if not perfectly line of sight. I actually had both the controller and the Spark itself swapped out under Care Refresh allowing me to compare two complete Spark combinations, so I know it's not a case of a unlucky lemon. Occusync is magic by comparison, alleviates so much frustration. The addition of Occusync in the MA2 is very welcome!

so you're saying occusync is like a Lamborghini and wifi is like a Toyota ?

Reactions: Craig Notts
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d